• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Well this might be it for me

I might be saying hello to big bubba,my cell mate soon.

I guess I should start at the beginning.

After my usual 14 hr shift I'm sleeping and at about 2 O Clock my doorbell starts ringing,Dog goes crazy.
I slip on my shorts and open the door.
There are a bunch of PISSED off people crowded in the lot in front of my door.

Firemen,Hazardous waste guys in full suits,Cops,my boss,men in Black(C.I.A,F.B.I.,Homeland security ?)
They tell me to come out with my hands up.

I look around and see smoke drifting out of the service building and a mail truck being hosed down by firemen.
The mail Lady is also getting hosed down.
Guys in bee keeper type suits everywhere.

Then one of the guys in a Hazmat/Boi control suit comes out with 10 Ft. tongs holding a larger sized flat rate box.
I am semi manhandled while being asked what type of incendiary device was in the box...

Still half asleep I have no clue.

THEN I remember Judy was sending me a care package.

I had no idea it was going to be the Mother Load!

I guess just after the Mail Lady delivered the box,her truck burst into flames,so did the mail room when she delivered the box.
She,mail lady, complained of burning eyes etc. so the firemen/hazmat people,not knowing what caused it hosed her down...

At about this time ,I guess the breeze was blowing in my direction and I got a whiff of PEPPERS coming from the box.

All the G men were threatening me with all kinds of nasty things,
Wanted to know how to disarm or make whatever was in the box harmless.

Since I realized it was Judy's care package,I simply told everyone to let me disarm the box.
I walked over to the guy with the tongs and grabbed the box.
Ripped it open and popped a couple peppers in my mouth.

Sat down on the ground like a kid in front of a Christmas tree and opened ALL 6 of the small flat rate boxes inside the big box.

I'm awaiting charges from the powers that be to see how long I might be going away for,according to the threats I received earlier...

BUT they let me keep the evidence-nobody wanted that box anywhere near their Vehicle,not even the bomb guys or hazmat.

I figure I'll destroy the evidence- eventually. :)

THANK YOU PEPPERLOVER!
You threw a life saver to a drowning man.
Hell you sent the whole Coast Guard...

I can't thank you enough.

My season REALLY SUCKED this year.
Worse than even when I had no clue as to growing ANYTHING.

Judy heard about it and saved me from a fate worse than death.

I've been surviving on store bought Manzanos at mostly $7.00- $10.LB.
I'm on a very limited income.

Judy,I hope you get a laugh from my story.
A simple thank you in the pepper people post wouldn't do it. LOL
Had to get creative. :)

Dang, now i know why they always ask me when i send off my bubble envelopes if theres anything potentialy hazardous or dangerous in there... Not going to tell em that chile powder is in there...

I've known Judy for a long time.
She has often offered me seeds or asked if I wanted seeds for whatever.
I never took her up on it,I don't like taking advantage of friends or whatever.

She did a guy(me) she never met a great thing.Along with other people from what I can see.

She knows my spreading the heat through seed SASBE's is a passion of mine, and heard my garden sucked.
She went above and beyond to get me through until next spring.

Her Biz means nothing to me one way or another.
(well it does,I wish her great success.But that has nothing to do with my post.)

She has a big heart and that is what matters.

I don't know how to word it but for a stranger that could have been talking to who knows what over the net,She cared about sending me the Mother Load at her expense AND once again offered seeds to a guy she doesn't really know in the first place,Just talked to here and there over a few years.

Judy has a big heart and I thank her for it.

PS:

Judy,send me a pic and sexy note from you.

I'm sure Big Bubba might leave me alone for a while once he reads and sees your pic.
Maybe address it to Big Bubba C/O Smokemaster,@ wayside correctional inst. CA. :)

Sorry no pics.
Camera #1 has a burned out battery that won't recharge.#2 has no memory card.It won't take cards as big as thery are today.
Flash cards are hard to find in less than 1 gig.
My cameras won't take them.

I have a bowl of fresh pods that is about 4in deep X 10in wide full of fresh pods and another 1/2 that size full of dry pods.

Tonights dinner is rice cooked with a few pods from Judy,my dark(ancho) chile powder Blend,smoked beef and crushed tomatoes.

Thanks for the heat Judy.

smokemaster, that's crazy, so when do you start you new position as head of the new P.R.I. (Pepper Related Incidents) division at Homeland Security? Is it going to be a full time position of as a Contractor :)

Great story, I could really feel your confusion as you tried to wake up and comprehend what was happening and I can just see the looks on their faces when you popped a pepper in your mouth  :rofl:  HUH, Whaaaaa The Ffffff and just why did the mail truck decide that right in front of your house and with the box from Judy still there, to burst into flames? Talk about the things that make you go hummmm...........

Judy is truly a wonderful person to send that to you, but then it's people like her that make this site what it is.

i told u PepperLover.com is the Lava spring here  :P

this is the best story in the chile world ever happened 

lets contact Hollywood and find a producer to make a movie called "The Lava Spring"

this story will live for generations to come...... :rofl:   

i need to make a bio-hazard or "unclear contents" labels on my shipped peppers from now on.  ;)

Excellent!

rv51912bd5.gif

I think opening the back door of the mail truck was like in a burning building,a room might be filled with hot gases or whatever that don't have enough oxygen to burn until the door was opened-flash point was reached and the gases ignited.

The mail truck was in front of the service Dept. where they bring in the mail.
I live where I work...

A similar incident happened when Chris sent me seeds and powder a few years ago.
That time it only messed up the upstairs offices mail area a little bit.

Back