• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Wendy's ghost pepper fries

keybrdkid said:
heard the talk about these ghost pepper fries, saw some when I went to Wendy's today. they tasted ok, but as probably has been said before-not as hot as I was expecting. Although I have never tried a fresh ghost pepper, so I don't know what to compare it to. But I have grown 7 pods before.

My Wendy's fries

You really eat that shit? :)

I tried the sandwich and the fries and was extremely disappointed. Little heat and taste was definitely lacking. Ill never order it again.

JayT said:
Eating it right now.  I think these are green peppers on here.  The cheese on the ghost fries has a tiny bit of heat, but not much.  Its also processed crap.  Not getting that again.
Guess I should head into a Wendy's and wait for someone to order it...then hand them my ghost shaker ;) 

JayT said:
Eating it right now.  I think these are green peppers on here.  The cheese on the ghost fries has a tiny bit of heat, but not much.  Its also processed crap.  Not getting that again.

Heh I happen to be one of those people who likes plastic cheese on my fries ;)

I do miss their pork bbq fries.  I almost rioted when they took them off the menu.

keybrdkid said:
heard the talk about these ghost pepper fries, saw some when I went to Wendy's today. they tasted ok, but as probably has been said before-not as hot as I was expecting. Although I have never tried a fresh ghost pepper, so I don't know what to compare it to. But I have grown 7 pods before.

My Wendy's fries

I made the rash and mostly irresponsible decision to skip bbq'ing wings tonight in favor of brewing another batch of homebrew ...

To accomplish this, we stopped in Wendy's real quick for some drive-thru ...

Danielle had a spicy chicken sandwich, plain, as per the usual w/ a medium order or fries ...

I, of course, tried the spicy fresno version of said sammie, w/ the "ghost pepper" fries ...

That picture is an accurate depiction of said fries ... although I could not discern ANY bhut in them whatsoever, and in fact, the sammie was spicier than the fries ...

I'm sure to be sick as a dog later, from all that fake scheeze and not having any lactaid in the house when I returned, too, but i have beer, and will have more of it for homebrewing ...

There's nothing ghost pepper about those fries.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
WTF is the green stuff? ;)

freeze dried chives, i think they were ... i really couldn't look ... just kept washing it down w/ Cigar City ...

I -think- the green stuff is chopped jalapeno.  What I read said that the ghost pepper was in a sauce.  I imagine they dont want to use chopped ghost pepper because if the average consumer got a chunk in their mouth they would scream.  Think they have gone the route of Popeye Chicken in using the name for advertising but prepping for average consumer taste.

In other news: McSpickey

Jalapeno Fresco Chicken Sandwich is fine. If you like their spicy Chicken sandwich, I think you will like this as a change of pace. The fries are gross. Same stuff on both, though. Just tastes better on the Chicken. Mild Jalapenos.

I had a run at the fries and after one bite I returned them to the counter
Nice lady asked if there was a problem,I told her politely HTF do you serve this shit?
She laughed !! she actually ****in laughed
It was all worth the price of admission when my buddy slapped it across the counter and covered the cash register
Cant take him anywhere any more  . . . . . .

Speaking of heat,anyone guess whats in that FireHouse Sub sauce? theres heat but that flavor will gag you

The green is jalapeno.

There is supposed to be a cheese sauce AND a ghost pepper sauce (darker orange). I don't eat this crap, but I'd suggest you ask for extra ghost pepper sauce on the side, and you could add what you want.

I don't get why anyone would order this when you have amazing sauces already..... put a bottle in your car........ powder too, and then EVERY fry place has proper fries! And food!

When I tried the ghost pepper fries I went in and bought two orders. It didn't taste hot at all. The fake cheese sauce was a complete surprise because I hadn't really paid attention to the commercials. It was so bad I went to the Wendy's web site just to complain.

Back