• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Wendy's ghost pepper fries

Y'all need to carry a keychain pepper shaker 'round and quit expecting these joints to deliver on heat, they never will. See, this way you just spice up your fave meal which may have no heat at all but you may like that burger better anyway. Why limit the menu to the ones they deem spicy and are not?

http://www.keygoes.com

The Hot Pepper said:
Y'all need to carry a keychain pepper shaker 'round and quit expecting these joints to deliver on heat, they never will. See, this way you just spice up your fave meal which may have no heat at all but you may like that burger better anyway. Why limit the menu to the ones they deem spicy and are not?http://www.keygoes.com
I am absolutely in the market for one of these, restaurant hot just isn't anymore.

I honestly might consider that. Not because I want pepper powder on my fast food mind you, I'd rather a sauce for that, but because every single Jalapeno & Cheese product I come across tastes like hottish fake cheese with no or next to no Jalapeno flavour. I've taken to dusting my own crisps but sometimes taking them home to get my 'Peno powder is just too much hassle.

Also, stevia is a genuinely pleasant tasting herb, would def blend that in if I were using a sourer pepper like those in their Moruga and Reaper mix.

I used to care if I ordered something spicy and it came mild, now, I could care less, we have all the spices and sauces at our disposal, and in fact, sometimes their version of spicy annoys me, like this Thai place that just loads it with julienned green Thai peppers. I don't want all those green peppers in my food! Honestly, give me the dish and let me spice it up lol... so I'll even order the mild curries from the menu like massaman because all the flavors are there, all it needs is a heat boost.

Student of Spice said:

ONE YEAR TO THE DATE

I Still stand by this statement, funny thing is as browsing through here and having a conversation with a buddy of mine and we were surprised that we were having this exact convo today a year ago and this thread had resurfaced. But yeah, they are still shit! lol.

Hot buttered after a gym session ass flavored.

For a better ghost pepper fast food, it turns out Pizza Hut now offer "Naga" hot sauce on any of their pizzas. It doesn't taste of any form of Naga and is very clearly a Habanero sauce but the Naga content is noticeable in the heat still. I was quite surprised.

spicefreak said:
For a better ghost pepper fast food, it turns out Pizza Hut now offer "Naga" hot sauce on any of their pizzas. It doesn't taste of any form of Naga and is very clearly a Habanero sauce but the Naga content is noticeable in the heat still. I was quite surprised.

Does it make their pizzas taste any better? haha

I'd say it goes well with the cheese stuffed crust but not so well with their pickled jalapenos. Ultimately, a pizza hut pizza will still taste like a pizza hut pizza, with or without naga sauce so obviously don't go for it if you don't like their food normally. Personally, I find it to be one of the better big chain pizzas and it's therefore what I get when hanging out with student friends but I wouldn't go out of my way to order it by any means.

So a local spot around here, who like to copy "trends" as they say, a little mom and pop burger shop is offering Ghost Pepper fries.  They just started on Sunday and I found out today.  They use real ghost peppers.  Those damn things were hot, but pretty tasty in some mayo based spread.

Wendys needs to step up its heat game :)

fiveohmike said:
So a local spot around here, who like to copy "trends" as they say, a little mom and pop burger shop is offering Ghost Pepper fries.  They just started on Sunday and I found out today.  They use real ghost peppers.  Those damn things were hot, but pretty tasty in some mayo based spread.

Wendys needs to step up its heat game :)

Wendy's would get their asses handed to them in a law suit

Back