• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

what a deal (maybe?)

just found a local wharehouse closing and selling off there stuff including 300!! 250 watt high pressure sodium lamps which include whole fixture and bulbs wired for 120v, plug in and they are set to go , all yea 20 bucks each i cant go wrong can i????

Heck, I got 15 in a single shop light and two bulbs Omri...dang right that is cheap, to me it is anyway...

Do they ship?

yea just wondered if the warehouse 250 watt sodium warehouse setup would be like a 250 watt grow system setup ? guess light is light huh? and omri does always have that goofy stoned look huh? haha just joking omri :)

Pepp3rFreak said:
Have you been smoking something Omri? $20 for an hps with fixture is a bargain! I'd be buying bunch of these at that price.
Maybe it's just me, but 250w bulbs and equipment aren't expensive and brand new.
The bulbs are really cheap in packs and a simple 250w ballast won't cost you much.
BTW, what model is it?

Omri said:
Maybe it's just me, but 250w bulbs and equipment aren't expensive and brand new.
The bulbs are really cheap in packs and a simple 250w ballast won't cost you much.
BTW, what model is it?

this is why i keep saying purchasing power parity has no application in the short run. there is no point comparing your prices to my prices to their prices, here the bulb alone costs about one and a half times that.

Industrial, high-bay HPS luminaires are going to have the wrong reflectors for growing chiles unless you want to mount the HID 20' above your plants.

If these are second-hand, the ballasts and lamps will be problematical.

jh35ky123 said:
well if they would get light frim 20' wouldnt they get it from 2' ? i can take the reflectors off and rig up my own too ?

You can do anything you want, they just won't work well for your chiles.

Back