• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are the most "citrus like" tasting peppers?

As I line up my selections for the 2012 grow season, I would really like to have 3 selections(minimal) of a "citrus like" tasting pepper. Thought I would come here and ask opinions. Personally what some call "citrus" I find "floral" in taste. I prefer fruity over floral. If you have a favorite with this type of taste profile in any or all of the ranges please share them below:

Mild =
Medium =
Hot =

Thanks

All of the yellow scorps that I have tried I would classify as citrusy if you are looking for something hotter.

To me, lemon drop tastes like when you kissed your grandmother when she was wearing old-lady lipstick. NOT citrusey at all, IMO.

To me, lemon drop tastes like when you kissed your grandmother when she was wearing old-lady lipstick. NOT citrusey at all, IMO.
The Aji Omnicolor pods I grew sometimes had a second flavour that some may call "citrusy". It was somewhat nasty and unlike any citrus I have tasted. Maybe this is similar to the flavour of the Lemon Drop?

AJI OMNI-COLOR
AJI PINEAPPLE
BENI HIGHLAND
PERU 499388
CILI GORONONG (MALASIAN HAB)

I agree with the Coronong, thin flesh, nice size pods, few seeds, unique citrus scent, unlike the typical hab.......I also like the Aji Limon/Lemons, they're just a bit more work to deseed...

Greg

The Aji Omnicolor pods I grew sometimes had a second flavour that some may call "citrusy". It was somewhat nasty and unlike any citrus I have tasted. Maybe this is similar to the flavour of the Lemon Drop?
THE OMNI-COLOR IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITES!!
i never tasted a nasty aftertaste from them, i could have had something to do with the soil they where grown in
i personally love them, there flavor is quite delicate

thats just me

thanks your friend joe

THE OMNI-COLOR IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITES!!
i never tasted a nasty aftertaste from them, i could have had something to do with the soil they where grown in
i personally love them, there flavor is quite delicate

thats just me

thanks your friend joe
Do you eat them before they turn red?

I should clarify that the second flavour isn't an after-taste. The dominant flavour though is one it shares with the Aji Amarillo, Bishop's Hat and Inca Red Drop pods I grew. I don't mind the flavour but I can understand why other people may dislike it.

Do you eat them before they turn red?

I should clarify that the second flavour isn't an after-taste. The dominant flavour though is one it shares with the Aji Amarillo, Bishop's Hat and Inca Red Drop pods I grew. I don't mind the flavour but I can understand why other people may dislike it.
ok

i really both characteristic(i think thats how you spell it?) of aji peppers there my favorite especially when im not in the mood for Habs and other superhots

i grew INCA BERRY in 2010 and found them to taste like when my mom washed my mouth out with soap!! :lol: :eek:
did not like them at all :(

thanks your friend Joe

Back