• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are you adding to next years grow?

CaneDog said:

I'd suggest Brazilian Starfish (Red) - I have them growing right next to the B Crowns and they started ripening just a little sooner.

I'd agree especially with anything in that Aji class, including Limon, but they are a step up in heat.
Maybe I should grow both Bishops Crowns and Brazilian Starfish, that is if I can find room. My space for growing peppers is pretty limited. Also, I think I've tried Lemondrops. I was given some peppers last year by the Spokanepepperman and I think that was one that he gave me. If so, I most likely saved seeds from it.

FITN said:
Maybe I should grow both Bishops Crowns and Brazilian Starfish, that is if I can find room. My space for growing peppers is pretty limited. Also, I think I've tried Lemondrops. I was given some peppers last year by the Spokanepepperman and I think that was one that he gave me. If so, I most likely saved seeds from it.

For what it's worth, my experience has been that B Starfish is a noticeably bigger plant than Lemon Drop and tends to spread out more, but the Aji has better production.

^Agreed.

I'm adding extra Annuums next year. Aleppo, Antep Aci Dolma, there's another one. Also gonna add Dreadies and other bonnets.

Antakie pepper. That was it. Turkish varieties.

Aleppo and Antep Aci Dolma are stellar plants. Im about 100grams away from a pound of powder now off just 4 smallish plants. The Antep Aci Domla is delicious, very sweet and about jalapeno hot. Plus just 1 pods yields lots of seeds for next year. It dries well too for a bell type.

If you like sweet bells, the Tekne Dolmasi is outstanding. Pods can get massive.

I appreciate all the tips and info, though now I'm going to have to rethink what plants I'm going to grow and where to put them all.

I cant comment on Bishops Crown but the Starfish is really incredible if you want a milder baccatum. As long as you avoid the placenta/seeds they have very little heat. Production is plenty good for a snacking pepper but not as many as lemon drop. If i could say one bad thing about them its probably best used fresh. Not really a great pepper for a whole lot else. Maybe a jam or jelly or possibly pickled.....Now that i think about it...im gunna have to try them pickled. That should work.

Bhuter said:
Can't go wrong with Aji Oro. It was a powerhouse of a producer for me as a first year plant.

I pulled more throughout the season. Very nice variety!

I hope so because out of 4 rocotos i got 2 ripe pods sofar and very few pods at all. 3 of the plants are really nice looking too. I got 2 mini reds inside right now with a couple small pods on them. I will put them out next year but i must try another variety that does better in my climate. Exact same seeds i grew did incredible in Idaho. My buddy got so many pods all he wants to grow is rocotos now.

Back