• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

dreamtheatervt said:
Now I'm listening to Dream Theater's "Hells Kitchen"; quite possibly one of the best instrumental songs ever. With my screen name, go figure :)

LOL, I always read your screen name as "Dream the eater" as I spell theater- theatre.

:)

You're not the only one that spells it that way. I didn't realize the band spells its name like that for a year or two and when I noticed, I was sure it was a mistake.

Bob Dylan...Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

in honor honour of his recent Pulitzer prize.
cited for his "profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."

Go 'uncle' Bob :cheers:

The man is a modern bard. I was listening to him when Wham was popular (barf) at school. Thats why i call him 'uncle' bob lol

Also read his book Tarantula - you need a day with nothing else to interrupt you to read it. Enjoyable. More so if you don't like punctuation slowing you down.

I digress, many many good tunes. I'm a big fan of Bob's & Hendrix too lol

...shuffles off to the drinking thread.....

Surprisingly... so do I! I also like the version by The Byrds a lot!

Did you know that the actual "Mr. Tambourine Man" this song is about is a sauce maker nowadays?

bbbphoto3smsm.JPG

http://www.brobrubru.com

Sorry man! Didn't want to ruin your day....
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

It's funny that a lot of Bob's songs are better known to a lot of people in versions other artists recorded. "watchtower..." is a good example, I'm sure a lot of people think of Hendrix first when they hear the title.

Not us, of course.... :)

rainbowberry said:
LOL, I always read your screen name as "Dream the eater" as I spell theater- theatre.

Yeah, not being able to capitalize D, T, and VT like I have other places makes it more difficult to read, but I like that...Dream the Eater, kind of fitting for a pepper message board, and the worlds easiest anagram :doh:

I am also the king of extremely long sentences :rolleyes:

Back