• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What are your plans for xmas and New Years??

What are we all planning to do For Christmas and new years eve?

are you travelling to family or staying home? Any traditions that will be continued?

For Christmas day I will be spending the morning with my girlfriend and her family then mum and dad are picking me up and I'm having lunch with mum's family (Most of my immediate family all live pretty close and there will probably be around 40 people there, not all from mum's side). Mum's brother's family live near the ocean so after lunch will usually go for a walk to help settle the feast we just got through. We usually have a hot lunch, and ALWAYS have to have a Christmas pudding with brandy sauce and cream (OMG my mouth is watering at the thought :)), and we still put coins in the pudding for the kids as we have always done!!!

Christmas dinner will most likely involve alcohol of some kind and sitting on the lounge unable to move cause my stomach will be to full..:lol:

I still don't have anything planned for new years eve but something always manages to come up and I'm sure it will sort itself out sooner rather than later..

Your turn!!!

I will be spending christmas morning with my boys and then i will probably just go home and drink myself stupid. New years eve is open at the moment but i dare say that it will involve fireworks as the boys will love that and then i can come back home and get to tha drankin again.

My liver is in for some serious punishment these coming holidays, i figure that if i drink like ~15 standard drinks a day and i have 24 days off during the period my body will have to process approx 7.92 lbs of alcohol, oh dear.....

This year we'll be going to the in-laws place, the father in law is pretty crook and it's a good chance it'll be his final Christmas.

Probably visit my dad in the afternoon depending on where he'll be, he gets around a lot for a guy in his 70's.

New Year's eve I normally just go to bed at my normal 9.30-10.30pm.

Christmas, the wife & i are hosting my dad, brother & gf plus her 2 kids & having a traditional turkey meal w/all trimmings & a few drinks.trying to wheedle in some chilli somewhere but will probably fail!
new year (Hogmanay here) will be prob low-key as no-one does the trad thing of first-footing these days.too cold, expensive etc.prob be in front of the tv watching crappy programmes before the bells chime. toast the new year (hopefully better than the previous one but don't hold your breath!) then fall into bed.exciting, eh!?

Mine include sitting around on the couch sucking on pain killers, recovering from my up coming surgery and having the whole family here taking care of me. Oh, and I'm not a good patient. :lol:

no family so I always volunteer to work Christmas so someone with family can spend the day with them - I am a nurse and work in a nursing home so I get to spend that day with a bunch of very special people - a win-win situation for me I think

New Year's eve I always stay at home and just drink a few there - decided long ago to stay off the road on that night both to avoid the drunk drivers who only drink once a year and the police who would somehow manage to miss them and find me if I was drinking and driving

New Year's day will find me laid up on the couch in front of the TV watching FOOTBALL and drinking enough to make up for what I missed the night before

yeah, We have a cricket Boxing day test match on TV every year so I will most likely be watching that on boxing day....:woohoo: I love cricket!!!

mrs. blues and I will be laying low. Too many drunks out on the road.....it is after all.....Las Vegas which in spanish means...City of Drunks. After Christmas I may take out mrs. blues to a new steak joint for my birthday but that'll be it for our nightlife. We'll mole up and burrow in for our extended holidays. As usual, we won't be exchanging gifts. She knows too well she can't shop for me and the same for her. She's buying her own gift and I have targeted a theremin and a set of p90 pups for my flying v. This weekend will find me doing some pork buttocksky and a heap of tamales for Christmas eve. So it will be quiet....but we'll still do it up Hot, Blue, and Righteous!

I'd say we'll do the usual stuff...

The 21st. is the twin's b-day, and they're having a bunch of friends over to spend the night.

...maybe have a few beers.

Retta will stay the night here on Christmas Eve, and we will do fondue or lumpia and sushi for us and pizza for the twins.....you know....finger/type food....not a huge meal. We'll light a fire in the fireplace, play Christmas music, and open gifts......maybe watch a movie.

.....beer could be involved.

Christmas morning we will finish up gifts for the twins (even though they don't much believe in Santa...I still insist that he comes!), then go to my buddy Tim's house for brunch. After that, me and the twins will be heading to my g-ma's for a Christmas "lunch" and later in the day, I'm sure I'll wind up at Jeni's house (Retta's daughter) for yet ANOTHER meal!

....and drink beer.

Christmas eve in Chicago with the inlaws...usually is a great time...full traditional meal...I, however can't eat that pasty, glue-like bread dressing they make so I am going to give them a treat by making southern style cornbread dressing...my dad always called it "Cush"...it's actually a meal in itself with giblet gravy...

I am the entertainment with my guitar and mandolin...everyone gets drunk and sings along...

New Years eve will lay low and stay off the road then will drive back on the 1st and 2nd...

everyone have great holidays and be safe....

forgot to say...Heaven on 7th is definitely on the agenda...great place with fantastic food....bring a hot sauce he doesn't have on the wall and you get a 5 course meal for free...I toodk 2 DefCon sauces last year and wife and I were treated like a King and Queen....

***Don't Ask!!!*** :lol:

New Years at my house is always fun. We build a big fire in the fireplace, watch old Abbott and Costello movies, old Borris Karloff films, and sip on a few drinks. We usually do takeout pizza or more finger foods.

Hell....we don't even care when midnight is....

Christmas: With family on the other side of pittsburgh. New yrs is still up in the air. if last minute travelcity can get me to belize, or anywhere in central america or the caribbean for 4 days for under 700$ (including hotel) I am there. If not, either kent state or steubenville.

ipreferamediumroast said:
Christmas: With family on the other side of pittsburgh. New yrs is still up in the air. if last minute travelcity can get me to belize, or anywhere in central america or the caribbean for 4 days for under 700$ (including hotel) I am there. If not, either kent state or steubenville.

Going on a cruise.....or just want to be in the jungle for new years? :lol:

First one with out my dad so I'll probably just be boozing it up, watching old movies. New Years at the Islander Inn which is a mere 15 secs from my new flat.

Christmas eve is usually snacks, finger food, lots of hot foods for the heat lovers,gift exchange for all the adult children,grands and even greatgrands.

Christmas day I make a big dinner, ham, turkey, all the trimings and whoever's hungry pops in sometime during the day. This all works because most of my family is within 30 miles. Everyone brings something so one person doesn't have to do all the work. The grandkids living farthest away usually make it sometime Christmas day. This year the youngest girl lives 6 hours away so she's coming home in January and we'll have Christmas again for her and get to meet her new man and his daughter.

New Year's we celebrate at home, since we don't drink it's not a big deal and we enjoy oyster stew, and whatever hubby wants special. Usually some grandkids show up to be with us.

Christmas Eve will be a my parent's with finger foods and lots of good drinks. I usually make Cosmos and my brother brings Belgian beer. Everyone exchanges gifts and we watch the kids play with their new toys. Christmas morning is spent at home and we watch the boy open all the toys Santa brought him before heading to the Missus' mom's house for the other family get together. New Years Eve, I too usually stay off the roads and make some sort of fancy meal for Mrs. JayT. We drink champagne and try to stay up until midnight. New Years's Day is all about football and Pork -n- saurkraut.

Back