• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What Books are You Reading Right Now?

The Call of the Weird by Louis Theroux - Which is a good read if you've seen the TV series (It's a follow up on some of the shows main subjects).

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku - Not a novel but very cool. It's "theoretical physics" regarding different dimensions... Not a light read (lol) but mind-bending.

The Children of Hurin by JRR & Christopher Tolkien - Darker than LOTR & The Hobbit. Released posthumously.

Just finished re-reading (after 40+ years) Catch - 22 by Joseph Heller. Yossarian!

Now starting The Great Leader - Jim Harrison.

im not reading alot i have read about 30 books each year but i started getting sick of them not many books that i like anymore so now im just reading the book for my english class wow since 4th grade i started reading non stop all the time but i stoped reading that much last year because it just wasnt enjoyable anymore reading 20-40 novels each year. oh well maby i might find something in the next few years there has to be some kind of book that will be enjoyable the next four years before college :) (wow i read that much but english is my only class on grade level the rest of them are advanced classes for sophmores and juniors. i'm only a freshman)

I did enjoy reading in 7th grade Eragon by Christopher Paolini it was one of my favorites all time theres also Bound by Donna Jo Napoli that i read at the end of last year and was also enjoyable :)

Currently about half way through Robert Jordans 'The Great Hunt'.
Is pretty good, it's just a chunk of book, I finished his first one and then went straight
into this one. I'm kinda at the point where I need a break from the characters.

For rock fans I'd highly recommend Neil Peart's 'Ghost Rider' - the Rush drummer writes about dealing with personal loss by escaping the public eye and touring around the USA on his BMW motorcycle.

This IS an awesome book, I've read it a few times now.

The Call of the Weird by Louis Theroux - Which is a good read if you've seen the TV series (It's a follow up on some of the shows main subjects).

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku - Not a novel but very cool. It's "theoretical physics" regarding different dimensions... Not a light read (lol) but mind-bending.

The Children of Hurin by JRR & Christopher Tolkien - Darker than LOTR & The Hobbit. Released posthumously.

Read The Children of Hurin a couple weeks ago. Reminded me why I couldnt finish the Lord of the Rings. His style of writing is just too out there.

The last three books I read:

IMAG1539.jpg

bloodandguts.jpg

stiff.jpg

And what I'm currently reading, as a man sometimes needs to take
in some 1970's sword-and-sorcery fantasy to alternate from the
smarty-pants reading...

IMAG1707.jpg

Robbie, I read that fantasy shit from time to time too (I stay caught up with Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time).

I'm on sort of an economics kick right now...

Enjoyed a re-read of Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead' and 'Atlas Shrugged' a couple months back. One of my favorite authors.

I just finished Atlas Shrugged a week ago. Jesus is that a long book... fun though.

Right now I am reading Economics in One Lesson by Hazlitt and The Road to Serfdom by Hayek.

Next up I think will be a reread of the communist manifesto and maybe something by Keynes. I like to bundle readings from both sides of philosophies to try to stay objective...

Wealth and Poverty of Nations;David S Landes
Tattoo, and Bangkok 8 ; John Burdett
A Small Death in Lisbon; R Wilson

i read a ton of comics... right now i'm collecting/reading...

daredevil (2011)...
ultimate comics new spiderman (2011)...
avenging spiderman (2011)...
uncanny x-men (2011)...
uncanny x-force (2011)... OMG this series is BAD ASS!...
age of apocolypse (2012)...
super crooks (2012)...
the secret service (2012)...
avengers vs X-men (2012)... this is only an event but already totally dominating the comic book readers all over the place...
new 52 batman (2012)... i'm a marvel guy, but this arc is perfect... the court of owls is a crazy story line... this comic is so well written... for me it's competing against watchmen for best comic books i've ever read...

i also have other random books, but i'm collecting not reading... like ralph wiggum and adventure time...

Read The Children of Hurin a couple weeks ago. Reminded me why I couldnt finish the Lord of the Rings. His style of writing is just too out there.

Yeah, I had huge troubles finding the determination to finish LOTR (I actually ended up audio-book'ing TRotK) but I found The Children of Hurin much easier to read.

Back