• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What came first?

Novacastrian said:
If you grow da herb you should ALWAYS PAY FOR YOUR ELECTRICITY. Stealing electricity can get you more jail time than the actual plant you are growing!

I had a couple of guys I used to work with way back in the day that decided to grow a couple plants in the closet. When they inevitablely got caught, they were facing 10 years of jail time. I can not imagine stealing electricity is more than that. Of course, here in the states, they tell you that is the max, then you rat some one out or take a plea deal to avoid an expensive trial and end up with probation or very little jail time. I lost contact with them before they were sentenced, so don't know what they actually got.

jacob

You can get started growing hydro peppers for $189.

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=2&xSec=54

SHK-1_normal.jpg

A couple of plant's here you get - A caution and a fine.
Several considered for personal use - Fine and community service.

Jail time sucks here. Good behaviour and all that means you get out early. There isn't enough prison spaces and the amount it costs for these murderers and rapists to live in them spaces is extortionate.

Life in prison here is rarely life.

wordwiz said:
What a rip off. One can build that system, minus the lights, for less than $45. The lights appear to be 23 watts (a couple of dollars each) and the reflectors are no more than $7 each.

Mike

I thought so too. Some folks are not inclined to build their own stuff though. I alread have an abundance of net pots, totes, and such. If I were going to use that system I woiuld want HPS. It would be a good start for somebody who just wants plug and play though, ¿que no?

Mjd,

No, still a rip off IMO! A couple of years ago, I bought something similar - a much bigger reservoir but without the water pump and lights, but with a 14 watt 225 bulb LED panel for $80.

Mike

Yeah, hard to beat a General Hydroponics water farm setup if you wanna check out hydro. Nutes, pump, growing chamber and medium- like $50-$70 dependin' on where you get it. Easy too. Put it in a sunny window if you don't wanna deal w/ lights... I've used them outdoors as well.

And yes, I'm talkin' peppers...

Back