• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What could i do better?

Rock0nman said:
Is it common for the plant to be drooped over in the evening after being under that 400w MH all day? In the morning when i go to turn it back on the plant is looks like it's trying to fly away it's reaching so high.

Mine do the exact same thing. Look all sad in the evening right before lights out. I think that has to do with my watering schedule though. I'm running the pump 2x a day for 15 minutes and it runs at 8pm & 8am. After generally start to have leaves hanging a bit before watering, and even more so afterwards. Not like wilting completely, just the leaves themselves aren't poking out to the side.

In the morning when I wake up, even after the pump runs they look all kinds of perky. I think they must just droop cause they know it's almost bed time lol.

Doesn't seem to be causing any problems whatsoever.

It seems to have stopped drooping now. My Bhut that is. The Thai Hots still do but they're all growing like crazy. I'm not gonna worry with it.

Why not add a c02 injection system to see if that improves the plants? I'm not going to try hydro this year, but will next year and I will be adding a c02 injection system for sure. In my planted tanks I recorded a 3-4 times increase in growth without c02 and was able to grow some difficult plants that I couldn't grow before adding c02.

All my plants - hydro or soil do the droop thing in the evening and are nice and perky by morning.

Its noting to worry about.

Although saying that - my 7pot in nft perks up but the scorpion always remains a bit droopy. It might be because he is further down the ramp and receives less aerated water from my micro jet oxy water pump. It could also be because he had and still has less roots than the 7 pot (not many air roots). So I have slowed the water delivery to very low and it still seems plenty and I will see how he gets on. other than slightly droopy he is growing well and lovely dark green.

Chris

15MayRoots.jpg

I added some aquashield about 4 days ago after the pics were taken from 9 May. Check em out now!!!

can't help it Rockon...everytime I see your avatar and signature, it makes me giggle....

War Eagle!!!!

do you work on F-16s?...if so what do you do?

AlabamaJack said:
can't help it Rockon...everytime I see your avatar and signature, it makes me giggle....

War Eagle!!!!
QUOTE]

BOOOOO!!!

I'm an F-16 Avionics Technician. Mainly controls, radar, and flight computers.

Omri said:
Don't. he's from the Air Force... us Air Force people just got that magical touch. ;)

I guess that goes for us dirt farmers too then? :D

Rock0nman said:
I'm an F-16 Avionics Technician. Mainly controls, radar, and flight computers.

Used to be KC-10 avionics (instrument, autopilot, INS) in NC. We also had 16's, but they were on the "TAC-side".

Back