• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What do you guys (and gals) do with your superhots??

Cook with them? Dry them? Make powder? Make concentrate? Jams and jellies? Eat them straight?

Some of you are growing a LOT of superhots! I wanna know what the plan is for them!

Powder...
I am going to make a lot of powder this year. Will keep each variety I make powder out of separate and then I can mix and match the different powders to exactly the taste and heat I have been chasing for the past 6 years.

Pepper Sauce...
over half the tabascos will be used to make pepper sauce for turnip/mustard greens...peppersauce as in "infused vinegar"...the rest will be powdered....

Concentrate...
I plan on making a bunch of concentrate from the different superhots and using that concentrate in cooking and making my bloody marys....

Eating fresh...
I will eat a few fresh but I know I will not be able to sit down and munch a whole naga fresh off the vine....

Bloody Mary Mix...
along with the tomatoes, onions, herbs, and other garden veggies I am growing, I am going to try my hand at making bloody mary mix from scratch...since I love marys, I can think of no better use...

AlabamaJack said:
Powder...
I am going to make a lot of powder this year. Will keep each variety I make powder out of separate and then I can mix and match the different powders to exactly the taste and heat I have been chasing for the past 6 years.

Pepper Sauce...
over half the tabascos will be used to make pepper sauce for turnip/mustard greens...peppersauce as in "infused vinegar"...the rest will be powdered....

Concentrate...
I plan on making a bunch of concentrate from the different superhots and using that concentrate in cooking and making my bloody marys....

Eating fresh...
I will eat a few fresh but I know I will not be able to sit down and munch a whole naga fresh off the vine....

Bloody Mary Mix...
along with the tomatoes, onions, herbs, and other garden veggies I am growing, I am going to try my hand at making bloody mary mix from scratch...since I love marys, I can think of no better use...

Never thought of having a Bloody Mary with nagas! That must be like getting kicked in the mouth by a demon! I gotta try that.

I tend to eat them straight when it's a chilli I've never tried before. Apart from habs, the really tiddly ones on the plant are great, you know when you suddenly think, I need something spicy and I crave it right now (still talking Habs Omri :lol:) and go and pick them off your plant to pop in you mouth. BTW the dressing I use is a standard salad dressing then dollops of various chilli sauces on top.

klyth said:
Never thought of having a Bloody Mary with nagas! That must be like getting kicked in the mouth by a demon! I gotta try that.

the naga paste is wonderful in a bloody mary...great pepper taste and it is quite warm to say the least...all I am doing is dipping a tablespoon in the naga paste, tapping it on the side of the container to remove any clumps off the spoon and stir the bloody mary with the spoon.........mmmmmmmmmmmm.....delish

rainbowberry said:
I tend to eat them straight when it's a chilli I've never tried before. Apart from habs, the really tiddly ones on the plant are great, you know when you suddenly think, I need something spicy and I crave it right now (still talking Habs Omri :lol:) and go and pick them off your plant to pop in you mouth.
I would never think otherwise, not with lady such as yourself. ;)

BTW I'm a huge fan of fresh peppers. especially habs.

Mine have many purposes, I:
Sell, giveaway, eat fresh, cook with, string into ristras, smoke, dehydrate, sauce, freeze, pickle, make poppers, spicy oils, spicy alcohols, mash, insect spray, and deer deterent.

I might not have any of the "super hots", but these are some great ideas in general! I may have to try some of these with my peppers.

I sun dry them for personal use. Then I either chop them up and use them for sprinkles on cheese pizza (which I tend to consume a lot of) or make blistering hot chili powder that ends up as a flavoring in homemade chili.

I also give away a fair number of fresh fruits to friends. I know that one of my friends dices the fresh pods up to put on green salads. That's just too much for me to handle.

I'm going to have to think up some other uses considering that I'm growing about 10x more plants than I normally do.

POTAWIE said:
Mine have many purposes, I:
Sell, giveaway, eat fresh, cook with, string into ristras, smoke, dehydrate, sauce, freeze, pickle, make poppers, spicy oils, spicy alcohols, mash, insect spray, and deer deterent.

Heheheh... Deer detergent... But why would you do that when you can just have fresh venison???

Vicar said:
I sun dry them for personal use. Then I either chop them up and use them for sprinkles on cheese pizza (which I tend to consume a lot of) or make blistering hot chili powder that ends up as a flavoring in homemade chili.

I also give away a fair number of fresh fruits to friends. I know that one of my friends dices the fresh pods up to put on green salads. That's just too much for me to handle.

I'm going to have to think up some other uses considering that I'm growing about 10x more plants than I normally do.

Thats what I'm thinking. I've never grown before and assuming everything goes ok I'm not gonna know what to do with so many peppers! Maybe I'll attempt to make a sauce...

klyth said:
Heheheh... Deer detergent... But why would you do that when you can just have fresh venison???
Deer detergent? lol
Well there is 18 or so White-tails outside my back door right now. I had one eat a hab a few years back, what a stompin, snorting mess that became.:lol:

I use my super hots to pass out to the neighborhood kids tell em tastes like candy :lol: just kidding that would not be funny and would never ever do that i will (hopefully if they grow) use mine for dehydrating,sauces,powders and making chili and stir fries

Back