• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What do you guys think of this watch?

SnakeDoc said:
::::::::droools::::: nice watches Worlok.

Thanks. Don't get hooked on them. You'll be sorry and your wallet will be even sorrier. ;-) It may look like I am wealthy or something but believe me I AM NOT. I have several years invested in these, and as you can see, no Rolexes.... (which are great watches but overpriced)

No, this is good. I like seeing your collection, but I must admit it makes me want to go nuts and buy more watches. =x Good day to put out the peppers today and tomorrow in NJ btw.

Oh I am not buying any more until times are better. I am getting laid off from work end of July and haven't found anything else yet. I might be on unemployment which would be the first time in like 16 years or more since I have had to collect - and it don't pay well.

I pulled the trigger. At least it was in my budget =]. I'm looking for a nice $100-$150 black leather strap watch with a silver face too though. Any suggestions?

SnakeDoc said:
I pulled the trigger. At least it was in my budget =]. I'm looking for a nice $100-$150 black leather strap watch with a silver face too though. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure off hand, but there are plenty of cost conscious watch guys over at the Poor Man's Watch Forum.

pmwf.com

;)

Nice collection worlok.
My toy (Meisterstück 4810):
666n.jpg

669.jpg

Congratulations on yours SnakeDoc.

Omri said:
Nice collection worlok.
My toy (Meisterstück 4810):

Congratulations on yours SnakeDoc.

Nice, and that movement looks to be a Valjoux/ETA 7751 with decorated rotor.

My only 7751 powered watch was lifted by my wife. :(

This is a Hamilton Khaki chronograph, 42mm with 22mm lugs. The chronograph is actually a bit faulty on this one and needs service, but she doesn't use the chrono and it keeps great time so we'll just leave it like that. She's scratched the hell out of the bezel and case, but the sapphire crystal is of course flawless.

This is MY wrist, not hers.

IMG_1760.jpg

I had a silver one which I sold cheap to some guy in the UK. he was thrilled..... Should have NEVER sold it.

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

This one is a Breitling Transocean chronograph circa 1972. Picked it up new old stock, got it serviced. I don't wear it that much. This was made when the Breitling family actually owned and operated Breitling. It has a Valjoux 7740 manual wind movement, with non quickset date. Pain in the ass to set the date on this one.

Like most old watches the crystal is acrylic (plastic), and this one, like most older watches and dress watches, is a no no in the water. It says water resistant but that was when it was new, when I was only 4 years old.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

30f8be4a.jpg

BTW you guys who do own mechanicals with a date or day/date function, NEVER change the date between 8pm and I think 4am but make it 8am to be safe. You can jam the gears and then it needs costly repairs.

SnakeDoc said:
You don't think the Citizen looks a bit too busy?
Well it's a matter of opinion. I do like the simple look, but the Citizen is stylish. both look great, though.

SnakeDoc said:
You don't think the Citizen looks a bit too busy?

ESQ is not in the same league as Citizen. Not even the same galaxy. The ESQ might just be made of a base metal coated with something. I would have to have proof it was real stainless steel or something. Just a fashion watch. The Citizen is an honest watch.

I like the Citizen, but I feel like I need a more streamlined version before I start getting crazy designs. I'm going to wait for a nice simpler Citizen Eco Drive preferably with a sapphire crystal with a leather strap. Something like this. Worlok, where do you purchase yours btw?

BL9000-08A.jpg

Back