• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What do you pay a month for gas/electric and water/sewer bills?

Just wondering what you all pay in different places.

Right now for a three bedroom house my utilities cost about $90 US Dollars a month fot gas/electric, and $90 US for water, trash service, and sewer for a total of $180/month.

About $100 a month for electricity, i don't pay for water (never have where i am now because the local bowling club owns it and are too stupid to figure it out, yay!) and i don't use gas.

it's a bit different for me here...

I pay property taxes of $3250-3500 per year and that includes water/trash/sewage.

Electricity is about: $115/m
Gas is about: $90-300 (much higher in winter)

3 bedroom house, 2000-2200 sq ft. Only a few years old (I think 3 or 4 years old). High efficiency furnace, ac, hot water tank, washer/dryer etc. We don't overcool the house in the summer (25c is what the ac is set too) and don't overheat in the winter (17c is what the heater is set too). We don't run the washer machine all day or anything crazy. Turn off pc's and everything at night. We've been making an effort to reduceour bill but it isn't working.

3 bed
2 bath
2200 sq feet
water runs less than ten a month and we have septic so no sewer costs.
In the heat of summer and dead of winter we usually run about 160 a month but that is only for about a month in winter and a month in summer. Most of the time we do less than a hundred for electricity and no gas.
Garbage pickup is 65 bucks a quarter.

Currently mine is included in my rent. At my last apartment, i was on a program with the power co. that averaged out the electric bills throughout the year. Before i was on the program, my wintertime bill was around $15 and in the summer it was $165. After i signed up for the program it wound up being about $45 every month throughout the year(and my A/C runs on full blast non-stop about 10 months out of the year....i like it cold enough to hang meat in my apartment).

Electric - around 50 US$ a month year round. (Who needs AC north of the Arctic circle?)
Gas - can't get it even if I wanted to.
Everything else including heating included in the rent. One bedroom apartment ~320 US$/month
Use of landlords property as personal garden - free.

MrArboc said:
Electric - around 50 US$ a month year round. (Who needs AC north of the Arctic circle?)
Gas - can't get it even if I wanted to.
Everything else including heating included in the rent. One bedroom apartment ~320 US$/month
Use of landlords property as personal garden - free.

No gas and not electric heat? how then is heat supplied?

Budget billing for my second story flat- gas and electric each run in the $65 range- but we've had some moderate winters and summers of late. I own the building so the water for both units (city dwellers pay flat rates based on number of toilets and showers and such- not actual usage) $75 every three months and sewer around $45 per month.

umm, so If I do the math -$200 per month.

hey- Where is the rest of my money going?

We have the highest electric rates in Asia. I figured them out to be around 14 cents per kilowatt hour. Still, I pay only about $20/month for electric because I have no A/C and water is included in my $80/month rent. :)

Celeste said:
No gas and not electric heat? how then is heat supplied?

Hot water from a huge furnace is sent out trough underground pipes to almost all households and companies in our village. Apparently it's very energy efficient because this "central heating" is common here in Sweden, and many people who own their homes pay quite a lot of money to be hooked up to the system instedad of continuing burning oil or wood for themselves. They save the money and more in a few years.

During the summer I pay about $220 for elec but in the winter its about $50. Gas is about $25 in the summer and about $100 in the winter. Water runs between $35-45 including sewer. And I don't pay for trash service since I make great use of the dumpster at work since we don't actually put much in it trash wise that is work related, as do half of the others that work there. We recycle 98% of our waste product at work, that would other wise go to a landfill, so I am helping do my part. :lol:

I'm lucky, every place I've lived since I moved out of my parents house has had utilities included in what I pay. So I've never even seen any type of utility bill.

Back