• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What do you pay?

So I found that a local hardware store carries Promix DX. It is $42 a bale. Is this a good price? What do you pay?
Sorry for the double post. Must have hit the button twice :whistle:

Sorry for the double post. Must have hit the button twice :whistle:
:rofl:

Get it anyway because it is still a good price if you consider what it would takes to make it. Peat, Perlite, Lime, wait 2 weeks!!!!! Check ph!!!! Still pay like 25-30 bucks. Rather just have them make it at mass production, a reason I see whay they call it pro mix.

EDIT: Can you get hp for the same price? just get that.

This is all they have and I consider my self lucky to have found it localy. :D

By the way the bale is in the back of the truck

That's correct, different stores though. The 3.8 is from a greenhouse supply company and the 2 is from Menard's. The 3.8 expands to about 7 cu ft and the 2 expands to about 4 cu ft.

There are at least 3 recent threads on this topic.

I got mine for $25 at a commercial rate. Rona Canada has bales for $25.99. The further from Quebec you get the more the shipping costs and middleman costs

There's one place I can find it here in Omaha and it's $45 for the 3.8 cf bale of HP and $42 for BX. They did have a 20% off sale a while back and I picked up two bales for $36 each and I thought I was getting a great deal. Seeing POTAWIE paying $25 sure shot that feeling in the guts.

Just found a second place that sells it locally and they price their HP at $50 for a 3.8 cf bale.

Freaking thieves all over the world.

Patrick do you have a Menard's nearby? The Menard's where I live just started carrying these 2.0 cubic ft. bales this year, within the last month or two.

0105P.jpg

It's not BX, and it doesn't seem to have the mycorrhizae or bio fungicide but it's a pretty good deal at $14 for 4 cubic ft. loose. I live about 3 miles from Menard's so it beats driving 60 miles for slightly more expensive BX. Plus I'm mixing it with last year's BX so I should have plenty of mycorrhizae anyway. I have two bags that I haven't opened yet, but it feels really light and hopefully has a lot of perlite.

Back