• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What fertilzers are your choice ferts ?

Tomato Tone
Bone meal
Organic Poultry Manure

Foliar feed with Hydro-Gardens hydroponic solution with double Calcium, and fish emultion.

Mega- I have those exact same ferts on hand as well, the neptunes and the tomato tone.

Gotta love that fish/seaweed. How much tomato tone are you adding to what size pot?? Just top dressing Im assuming??

Hehehe yeah, once you do the Neptune's, there's no going back.

TomatoTone: I use a lot of it, actually. For my potted deck plants, prior to transplant, I mixed in about a cup to each of my 5 gal pots of ProMix BX. Then, each feeding thereafter was a top dressing, which I believe was 3 oz. I would put it in a circle around the plant, then give it a quick spray to get it to settle, and then really water it in thoroughly 10 or 15 mins later. For my ground plants, I used quite a lot more mixed into my 4x4 foot beds, mixed into the soil prior to transplant. But the subsequent feedings were the same - 3 oz in a circle around each plant. It seemed to me after noting the results over the last 2 years that plants like getting the TomatoTone treatment every 3 weeks or so, with something milder in between, which is what led me to the Neptune's.

The results have been so excellent with the Neptune's, I now use it on ALL of my plants, which includes cucumbers, tomatoes, pumpkins, and a variety of herbs as well as the peppers. There's no plant that doesn't seem to benefit from Neptune's. My pumpkins were like 70 pounds, one was probably 2 feet tall!! The cucumbers, we were pulling them off in bunches every day during the height of the season, day after day, from just two plants, in 3 hrs of sunlight/day. We simply couldn't eat them fast enough to keep up with the crop, of "full sun" plants that were essentially growing in the dark. A lot of this I think was attributable to the very beneficial usage of the fish & seaweed mixture.

Good to know, thanks for the input.

I recently mixed up about 25-30 gallons of soil for my next indoor grow (bhuts). Previously, I always used about 2 tablepoons per gallon of soil of tomato tone. However I always noticed the plants seemed to rip through it pretty quickly as you mention. The directions say 1.25 C-U-P-S per 2 gallons of soil- So for 25 gallons of soil that comes to just over 15 freaking cups! lol ... I added 10 cups, plus 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil and about a gallon of rabbit poo.

Im wondering if I made it too strong. The directions do say 1.25 cups per 2 gallons so I hopefully it wont be too strong at the 10 cups/25 gal. It just seems like so much to be adding in there ... lol ... kinda worries me Ive never mixed it this hot before :/

Back