• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

what is it? get it off my plants!

so here we are midweek now, and i came home from work and went to check on my plants. hadnt looked them over for the past couple of days, had just been turning the lights on and off. what ive seen has me worried, angry, and ready to hit something. one of my gold bullets had several leaves that looked infected with something, and when i went to touch them they began to fall off. there were a lot of brown spots on most of the leaves. fortunately, it was my weakest gold bullet. unfortunately, ive seen the same thing on the strongest as well as several other of my plants.

some pics

a leaf that fell off the small gold bullet

a leaf on my strongest gold bullet

so the questions are, what is it? how did it get there? how do i get rid of it?

the aftermath on the weakest gb :tear:

please help me fix these plants and prevent this from becoming a much bigger problem. thanks in advance

It doesn't look good, whatever it is!

The last pic looks kinda like mite damage, although I don't know about the brown spots and it's hard to see with such small pics. I've got my fair share of the little shits at the moment and it's no fun, to say the least! Have you noticed any very fine webs around the leaves? If so, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's spider mites.

Of course, I am no expert, so it could be something totally different (and wouldn't surprise me if it was ;)). Like I said too, I don't know about the brown spots -- they are something I haven't seen with my mites.

I will say though, if it turns out to be mites, get yourself a decent miticide and do it right to begin with... Advice I was given but first went for the non-toxic -- ineffective -- approach instead. Now it's a painstaking battle!

Hi 'vato-

just a hint for you about the small pictures. I see you are using photobucket, also. When you are on your photobucket home page and are ready to click the blue "UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS" button, look immediately below that and click on (more options). Set your image size to "Large" and Save. It will automatically upload you pictures to a nice size that works well here.

You will need to re-upload from the originals to get the larger size, I haven't found a way to enlarge a photobucket image one it has been shrink. Perhaps someone else knows how to do that??? Anyway, you can then replace the small pics in the original post with the larger ones or just add another post.

This may help someone see what's up with your plants and offer a suggestion.

Good Luck, I'll be checking back in cuz I have a few peppers started and if I see anything like this I'll want to know what to do.

Don't know what could be causing that mate.

Gas and SL, just click on the pic. It will take you to photobucket and bigger pics ;)

thanks Nova!

the first pic looks like old insect damage of some sort...have you had any issues with any pest this year?

second pic doesn't look good as was said...maybe water spots/fertilize burns...but I would keep an eye on it and separate it from the others just in case it turns out to be something really bad...

third pic I am assuming is the same plant as the first one?....if so, I would say it is an "old insect" problem...looks like the old growth (lower leaves) is not effected and the new growth looks good...the middle growth is where the plant is affected is'nt it? Is there any deformity to the leaf shape on the new growth?...

I would just check the plants really good for any pest and treat accordingly...

thanks for the tips, advice and all that. i havent seen any bugs around, so my first assumption was some kind of virus or bacteria. i removed all the affected leaves on the plants, hopefully they start makin a comeback

Back