• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

consistency What Is The Best Equipment For Straining/Pressing Mash?

If this is in the wrong forum, please forgive me.

Anyone dealing with 10+ gallon sized batches? Currently, we are using a piston jack on a H-Frame Press, with a perforated stainless steel drum to press the mash of our sauces. It works ok, but is extremely time consuming, requiring a lot of constant adjustments.

We don't keep any seeds or pulp in our sauces, so we need something that actually presses/squeezes the mash completely dry, versus like a screw press that still leaves some of the bits and doesn't get every bit of liquid out.

I have looked into it rather extensively, but I may be Googling it all wrong. I've tried press, strainer, squeezer, etc. I have found the perfect machine, but I'm not coming off $20k+ for it lol. Even the used ones on Ebay are still $8k+. The Juiced Rite Cold Press is exactly what I want/need (minus the shredder), but they are just way too expensive for us at this stage.
1697499634308.jpeg

1697499634308.jpeg

It feeds directly into a mesh bag that is held between 2 press boards, and is hydraulically pressed. You just put a large pot underneath to catch.

Is there anything anyone uses, or knows of, that is more wallet friendly, and can handle larger amounts of mash pressing?

Thank you in advance!

Back