• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds What is the next step with my seedlings and when do I take it?

I have started seeds in jijjy pellets. These are about 10 days old jalapeno and Serrano seeds but I have others coming in as well.

What is my next step from here and when do I take it?  Thanks

I am in 10b south Florida

1DkW17s.jpg

Wait til they grow their first true leaves before u move them. They growing too leggy make sure they get enough light n rotate them every now and then

So, do I only leave the lid on until they sprout?

Jigsaw said:
Wait til they grow their first true leaves before u move them. They growing too leggy make sure they get enough light n rotate them every now and then

When you say move them, can I go from here to say, a 1 liter container after they get their first set of true leaves?

Give them as much light as you can.
Let them dry out a little bit. They look really wet.

mas_fuego said:
So, do I only leave the lid on until they sprout?

When you say move them, can I go from here to say, a 1 liter container after they get their first set of true leaves?

Yes, you should only leave the lid on until they sprout.

A 1-liter container would be too big. You could do it but it would be better if you used a smaller container first.

President Trump said:
Let them dry out a little bit. They look really wet.

They are. Doing that now.

A 1-liter container would be too big.

Ok, I get it now. Everything I studied started with seeds in seed soil so I was unsure. I will go from here to a cup, then a larger cup, then a pot.

I plan to begin to use diluted nutrients when i go into the cup after they get their first set of true leaves. Sound good?

I think they need a lot more light.As they get grow and get a a few sets of leaves then you'll have to transplant into good soil and you can begin to feed.

Yea, don't "Do" anything other than add light and subtract water.  Those root balls are more than big enough for the next few weeks.  Just leave them alone to grow.

In general, many people always have an urge to "help" their plants.  They trim and prune and chop and over-fertilize and over-water them.  Just chill and leave the poor plants alone! They know what they are doing!  :)

Back