• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is the normal yeild of superhot pepper plants

For what its worth.... Ive read a few posts by members here that have said they harvested 7 lbs off one plant. My memory is a little foggy of the thread but I think the plant was either in a very large pot 15 gallons + or in the ground. In another response to that thread or possibly in a related thread I remember hearing other people mention getting around 4 lbs per plant, and yet someone else say around 3 lbs .. and I believe that those posters had these plants in five gallon buckets.

Dont remember the strains(I do know they were supers though), dont remember the variables, dont even really know if Im remembering the pot sizes correctly but hope it helps.

So .... 3 - 7 lbs +/- ???

Yeah ok... was expecting like 0.5kg per plants approx. When i mean super hot it those scorp or 7pot. Best variety like morouga or butch t

Hammerfall said:
Ok then... in a green house? I find that funny thay no one could snswer that
Its almost like asking how many leaves on a tree.

Try out a few using what methods you would. If it works, scale up next year.
1 pound should be easy per plant.

I'm not saying they got that...but it was from one of the better growers here...and that's what they said. They weighed it and all. Keep in mind pepperguru had a brain strain that was like 8' tall and wide in a 65 gallon smart pot.

I don't remember who it was but blanket statements about how much a plant cant yield is about like the OP asking blanket questions about how much a plant can yield :)

Lol...:)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yes I forget which new person just joined but said they are growing a field of I think TS and expecting 400 to 500 pounds already sold to a sauce maker.
Yhea. And besides, I think for commercial bulk you would be going by acre (space) and not plant. If that is the case, you could go bye commercial habenero growing statistics which are the most popular commercialy grown chinese peppers.

Probably much more. Ive weighed it out before and have had single harvests off the fatalii mother over 5 lbs. No shit.
Here was a decent pull. She did this every two weeks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmhQie0NEsU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Only thing I could dig up for commercial yields specific to habanero was this: http://www.freshplaza.com/news_detail.asp?id=107678
Results for the "Jaguar" improved variety for growing in southern Mexico: 6 tons/acre for open field, 12 tons/acre with fertigation, 15 tons/acre under optimal conditions.

Here's a fun fact about growing down there: "Flowering starts between days 70 and 85 after sowing and harvest between days 115 and 120; harvest periods lasts three to seven months in the open and more than two years under protected agriculture."

I wish I could harvest my peppers continuously for two years. Some people get all the luck.

Pepper-Guru said:
Probably much more. Ive weighed it out before and have had single harvests off the fatalii mother over 5 lbs. No shit.
Here was a decent pull. She did this every two weeks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmhQie0NEsU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

god damn that plant is nice, ive never had the pleasure of tasting or eating any super hot peppers yet, fresh, dried or powder, im up north in canada so i hope i get even a pound off a plant 50 peppers would make me happy lol. still got months tho before my first taste hehehe.

i need to move to places like you guys so i can grow all year or least longer than 3-4 months outside lol

I grew a butch T last year in a 7 gal geo pot and got a grand total of 6 pods. Directly beside it, I grew a Dorset naga in a 7 gallon geo pot and got 100+ pods off that plant. You need to find a strain that thrives in your micro climate and exploit the hell out of it if you are interested in commercial production.

fireface said:
I grew a butch T last year in a 7 gal geo pot and got a grand total of 6 pods. Directly beside it, I grew a Dorset naga in a 7 gallon geo pot and got 100+ pods off that plant. You need to find a strain that thrives in your micro climate and exploit the hell out of it if you are interested in commercial production.
only 6 pods? ouch

Back