• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense What is THE spiciest strain of Trinidad Scorpion?

:welcome: Hawaii chilehead!

I think it's generally accepted now that the ButchT strain of trinidad scorpions is the recognize-by-Guinness hottest chile in the world. The Brain Strain t-scorp will also melt your teeth.

There's several discussions around as to what's the hottest. Good reading, fo sho~ and there'll probably be some folks with a lot more chile growing experience than me that will chime in.

salsalady

Rating does not mean anything on ebay. I have sold seeds on ebay, every customer has been happy.
It helps to know the ebay seller name ;)

Plants take months to grow, feedback is given in days!

Look towards the vendor vault if you want plants that are running on all cylinders.

I don't sell on ebay atm.

There are lots of "less than knowledgable" people selling on eBay who don't really know about the chiles or where they came from. They're only selling the "hype".

I cannot speak to all seed sellers on eBay as I'm sure there are some true growers selling true seeds. But there have been a lot of dissapointed growers who have bought "bhut jolokia" seeds off of eBay that don't look like bhuts. The same now goes for trinidad scorpions. Everyone jumps on the "newest. latest, greatest, HOTTEST" train and will sell anything claiming it's from a trinidad scorpion. It Might Be! I'm not judging all the seed sellers.

I know of one eBay seller who was selling bhut seedlings and bhut seeds, and a bhut sauce that I believe he made in his domestic kitchen (that was totally unlicenced!) and as soon as the t-scorps came out....now the website is touting scorp seeds and scorp seedlings and a scorp sauce.....:rolleyes:

I actually contacted this seller about buying some dried scorps(not truly interested, just looking for information), and his answers left a LOT to be desired. Basically he was a sham.

There are LOTS of small time people growing some awesome chiles. They'll give you every scrap of knowledge they have to help you grow seeds you may get from them.

Check out the Vendor Vault for great reviews of some "seedy" people. And I mean that in the BEST way. :cool:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/forum/117-vendor-vault/

Not at this very moment. However there are more on here than you may think!
Like i said the vv is the way to go, any problem gets spelled out then some. Welcome to the site btw. Aloha!

Your the bomb SL.

Depends where you source your seed from as far as germ rates go, they should not be sporadic (cant spell pissed).

Seedlings are as big as... they are as big as they are!

If you're willing to pay for seeds go to the MarketPlace Forum and you'll probably find everything you could possibly want and I would trust the folks here way before any ebay seller. Disclamer: Not all ebay sellers are crooks,

You cannot trust seller ratings when it comes to superhot pepper seeds. Feedback has to be given within 60 days of purchase and it takes twice that plus to grow a superhot pepper from seed.

As for what's the hottest there are too many variables to really narrow it down to just one. I'd say any of the superhots will leave you hurting. Once you hit a million Scoville's does it really matter anymore? I think not.

Oh yeah, welcome to the greatest pepper growing site, and so much more, on the web.

Your first bite (not nibble) of any pepper near or above 1,000,000 shu will be the hottest damn pepper you
ever ate (& probably the hottest anyone you know has ate). Peppers are like fine Kentucky Bourbon, they all
have a rating, but there are big differences in them all, the fun part is in sampling them.

Brain strain T. scorpion??? You must mean 7 pod Brain strain?

All scorpions and 7 pots have a common ancestor. It is theorized that even Bhuts have the same ancestor within the last 200 years but they are far enough separated to not include them in this category. The 7 pot itself is a type of scorpion and many of them have scorpion tails. You can call a 7 Pot BS a Scorpion and you can call a TSMB a 7 pot. Jim Duffy has recently claimed they're the same pod anyway and is willing to do DNA tests to prove it. I think she was hitting on this fact and not bothering getting caught up in terminology.

I know the details, I've been following the Scorpion and 7 pots for almost 10 years now, before they were even widely known about in Trinidad.
Maybe Jim believes they are the same but he's in the minority. They obviously have common ancestory but they also have a lot of obvious differences and they are both labelled by CARDI as Trinidad landrace varieties.
I prefer not to label strains like the brain strain as a 7-pot,, scorpion etc. since it is a variant/mutation and no longer a true 7-pot, but people love clumping chinenses chiles into certain categories

Back