• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce What Is The Ultimate Buffalo Wing Sauce?

Are you happy with just Franks Red Hot and butter/margerine when making buffalo wings at home or do you prefer another buffalo wing sauce? 

Has anyone tried these bottled sauces and do you use as is or do you have your own recipe with added ingredients in addition to the buffalo wing sauce?

Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce
Duffs Authentic Buffalo Wing Sauce
Defcon Wing Sauces
Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
Wing Time Buffalo Sauces
Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce
Buffalo Wild Wing Sauces

Please post your reviews and recipes.

Thanks!

Freewheeler

I'll have to try Defcon's.  

No offense to all of those other wing sauces, they look like crap in the jar on the grocer's shelves.  I know Frank and Theresa originated the wing in my hometown in the Anchor Bar, but theirs are not the best wings in Buffalo.  Usually Duff's is at the top of the list.  I've been to each place a few times in my life...the Anchor Bar is now a big touristy place to go.  That's not the place I go for wings when I'm home.  I go to my friend's, Joey V's, on Route 5 in LakeView.   I'd like to bottle his sauce for him some day.

Duff's is where the President went for wings when he was in Buffalo.

This stuff is down right good as well.

1836799_744999495533779_328669852_o.jpg

DEFCON - send me some sauces so i can takey sum purty pictures for you....

JoynersHotPeppers said:
This stuff is down right good as well.

1836799_744999495533779_328669852_o.jpg

DEFCON - send me some sauces so i can takey sum purty pictures for you....
My mouth is watering!!!  Them look sooooo damn good right now!

Patter Fam Sauces - Burnin' Love Wing Sauce won Best Overall Wing Sauce THPA 2013!

Definitely check it out.

DEFCON Creator said:
I've tried the Defcon stuff. It's really good! I guess those 60+ major international awards are pretty on point!  :twisted:

I am actually waiting for my first shipment of Defcon Sauces - I have not tried them yet. But I will certainly let you know what I think. I can't wait.

You remind me of Gene Simmons in how you whore out your product here. ;)

foodproductlaunch said:
I'll have to try Defcon's.  

No offense to all of those other wing sauces, they look like crap in the jar on the grocer's shelves.  I know Frank and Theresa originated the wing in my hometown in the Anchor Bar, but theirs are not the best wings in Buffalo.  Usually Duff's is at the top of the list.  I've been to each place a few times in my life...the Anchor Bar is now a big touristy place to go.  That's not the place I go for wings when I'm home.  I go to my friend's, Joey V's, on Route 5 in LakeView.   I'd like to bottle his sauce for him some day.

Duff's is where the President went for wings when he was in Buffalo.

I am pretty sure that Duffs uses Franks Red Hot as well as the base sauce - but they also additional ingredients as well that the Anchor Bar does not. Some have said worcestershire sauce is added and even apple cider vinegar. I am still trying to figure it out as I would like to make something as close as possible at home.

Whore?

Gene Simmons?

WTFFFFFFFF?

I thought we were talking about Wing Sauce.

DEFCON sells it.

Nothing to do with "round-the-world parking lot activities" or little blood spitting Israelis with giant egos.

I love wings more than anyone I know.  I love Defcon wing sauces more than any other, but even with that being said, I bastardize his sauce by adding a couple things to it.  If I can have one wing, my best wing sauce is Defcon 1 with a little Defcon DM-MKII (which is no longer produced) some homemade fatalii puree and a good amount of cajun seasoning.  That being said, his Cluckwing Orange is fantastic and makes a decent substitute for those two sauces with the fatalii and the cajun.  In the end, I have had every wing sauce I have ever come across, and no one comes close to beating Defcon in my eyes.  Patter Farms and a couple other THPA award winners are great, but Defcon is King, at least to me.

DEFCON is a personal favorite - plus you can get that crack-addiction-level-good horseradish, the Habby Horse - damn that stuff is amazing. 

I've yet to try the Patter Fam but I hear good things. 

Wy's Wings has some tasty sauces too - we did a trade a while back and he sent me a bunch.

But DEFCON is the bomb for sure. Pun intended. 

Back