• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What is this "Hot Chipotle"?

I got seeds labelled "hot chipotle" and this is what the pods look like so far. Are they jalapenos? Fresnos? Serranos maybe??

The shape looks far too long and thin to be deemed a Jalapeno. Interesting.

rghm1u20 said:
I think willard3 want to say, the chipotle is the name used only for a whole chile, not chopped, grinded, or whatever. As you use the word Paprika to name the powder made from some specific dried peppers. Even if BEFORE they are dried peppers, AFTER grinding is named Paprika. The potato is potato, but when you mash it, is called mashed potato, right? This means is no more potato???
Sorry. Apparently my sarcasm didn't translate out into the written word. Lol.
BTW, for me, Paprika doesn't work as a good analogy. A Chipotle pepper is a one ingredient item.. Paprika is made from ingredients....
My point was that it seems ridiculous to state that if I were to take a "chipotle" pepper and tear it up - it is no longer chipotle pepper...

Brutaldiver said:
Sorry. Apparently my sarcasm didn't translate out into the written word. Lol.
BTW, for me, Paprika doesn't work as a good analogy. A Chipotle pepper is a one ingredient item.. Paprika is made from ingredients....
My point was that it seems ridiculous to state that if I were to take a "chipotle" pepper and tear it up - it is no longer chipotle pepper...
Sorry, I am not a native English speaker... nor learned English in school... Just kinda home-made English... So, probably I got you wrong. You guys, should keep your left arm up in the air when speak (write) sarcastic, to let the others know too   :)

Not sure if we have in mind the same thing when speak about Paprika, this is not made form ingredients, but ONE ingredient, and this is dried peppers. Nothing is added. Well, in theory, because if you buy from not trusted source, some are using to mix the pepper powder with red bricks powder...

Later Edit: Believe it or not, I have 2 packs of seeds, from Mexico (Happy Flower Mexicana), one is Chile pasilla (in fact this is the dried form of a pepper, and fresh is named Chile chilaca), another is Chile mulato, and both of them have a picture with dried peppers on the front side. But for sure will not grow already dried peppers....

Back