• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health what is this yellow spots on the leaf.

hi
can anyone tell me what is this yellow spots on the pepper leafs ? and the leafs drops after a while. this is happening to my assam bhut! :(( ( i was thinking leaf spot bacterial ) some leafs got spot burns and some does not.

WP_000235.jpg

WP_000234.jpg

WP_000233.jpg

hmmm the last thing i sprayed on it was neem oil+ soap spray.. ( old mix)

the leafs are also going bumpy. calcium def ? before this the plant had very nice and smooth leafs (not bumpy) :(

Yep, I think you may have a couple things going on here Sri. The photos up top are almost definitely sunscald but that bottom leaf looks like a nutrient issue.

are you watering your plants while the sun is out? If the leaves have water droplets on them and the sun is out, the light can actually create a type of magnifying glass effect and burn the leaves. kinda like how you see kids on tv burning ants with magnifying glass or making fires.

Yellow Vein Chlorosis?

possible deficiency in Iron or Nitrogen?
hmm so i should give some nitrogen ferts or a balance fert ?

Yep, I think you may have a couple things going on here Sri. The photos up top are almost definitely sunscald but that bottom leaf looks like a nutrient issue.

my pods are getting smaller too... i just harvested 8 pods from the plant.

are you watering your plants while the sun is out? If the leaves have water droplets on them and the sun is out, the light can actually create a type of magnifying glass effect and burn the leaves. kinda like how you see kids on tv burning ants with magnifying glass or making fires.

i don't think i water them when its hot.. thats a rule i have but.. kids playing with water .. thats another case... these days when i get home its dark already or getting dark.

The water droplets would have to be suspended above the leaf in order to potentially cause a sunburn. It would take a prolonged exposure and more than likely the water droplet would evaporate before it can cause damage.

That could be over watering, fertilizer burn, sun burn, or some deficiency. If it was a deficiency it would probably be in sulfur, or nitrogen, posibly calcium or magnesium too.

the fourth picture looks like a viral/bacterial spotting
the first three pictures look like something that should be monitored and
dealt with after further review maybe same microorganics

Back