• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What is your favourite red, yellow, white, orange, green, purple, brown and peach chilli?

Just wondering what was your favourite chillies in all these colours? (flavour and heat)

For me (limited by varieties I have tasted):

Red: scotch bonnet
Yellow: 7 pot
White: Peruvian habanero
Orange: habanero
Green: Jalapeno (prefer ripened red jalapeno however)
Purple: NA
Brown: habanero
Peach: NA

Red: Primo
White: Peruvian Habanero
Orange: Habanero (only one ive had orange and dislike the taste)
Green: Jalapeno (only one i can think of green)
Brown: Habanero
Peach: Jay's Ghost Scorpion

KingChile said:

Red: Primo
White: Peruvian Habanero
Orange: Habanero (only one ive had orange and dislike the taste)
Green: Jalapeno (only one i can think of green)
Brown: Habanero
Peach: Jay's Ghost Scorpion

I really want to try Jay's ghost scorpion, the pods look awesome! How is the taste and heat?

The heat is the most vicious ive had up to date as for the taste they are pretty good but hard for me to tell u exactly about the taste bcuz the heat just hits me and i lose all train of thought lol....they are good thou both red and peach i love to cook my meats with them

compmodder26 said:
Red: 7 Pot Jonah
White: Bhut Jolokia
Orange: Trinidad Scorpion
Green: Serrano (prefer red though)
Purple: Pimenta de Neyde
Brown: Brown Moruga Scorpion
Peach: Bhut Jolokia
What is the flavour of the pimento de neyde? Also I need to get my hands on some of the brown maruga scorpion seeds I think, they just sound crazy!

Mitch_from_OZ said:
What is the flavour of the pimento de neyde? Also I need to get my hands on some of the brown maruga scorpion seeds I think, they just sound crazy!

Pimenta de Neyde is similar to a red habanero in flavor, but it is a fair bit milder in intensity.  The burn isn't quite as hot either.  Getting your hands on some Brown Moruga Scorpion seeds will be quite hard to do.  That is a trademarked pepper for Judy (PepperLover), and right now she is only giving them out to select few growers until she is ready to release them to market.  I've had one only in a review in which I agreed to not take seeds from it.  I believe all other reviewers have also agreed to not keep the seeds from it.

Oh nice, its such an awesome plant to look at. Its nice to have a chilli (every now and then) that doesn't blow your head off 100% of the time. I will be sure to grow is next time round.

I thought I would be waiting for a while for those seeds. The pods looking amazing.

Red: Bubblegum 7 pot
Yellow: Fatalii
White: 7 pot
Orange: Bell pepper
Green: Jalapeño (prefer red tho)
Brown: Bhut jolokia
Peach: Habanero

Out of the ones I've tasted. Those can change tho as I've yet to do more tasting.

, Walter

Red: Bhut Devil (unstable hybrid) It had a stronger naga flavor. Bhut jolokia if I can't get the same flavor from the hybrid. However, the unstable SB7J is a great competer in flavor for red peppers. The flavor hasn't seemed to change this year.
Yellow: Yellow 7 Pot or Yellow Scotch Bonnet.
White: Peruvian habanero
Orange: Orange Bell
Green: Jalapeno
Purple: Pimenta da Neyde
Brown: Chocolate Habanero
Peach: Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion

Red: Savannah 7 pod

Yellow: Yellow 7 pot

White: White Fatalii

Orange: Aji Orange

Green: Biker Billy Jalapeno

Purple: Purple Jalapeno

Brown: Chocolate Bhutlah

Peach: Bhut Jolokia

Limited on varieties I've tried but here's mine:

Red-Brain strain

Yellow-Fatalii

White-White habanero

Orange-Habanero (only orange I've tried so far)

Green-Jalapeno

Purple-Black Hungarian (looks purple to me lol)

Brown-Chocolate naga

Peach-Ghost scorp 

Back