• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

What kind of chilie is this-Medusa..it must have strayed

Some weeks ago I asked the question....4th July post I think.
Well, it is not that hot but it has few seeds. Average length is about 3 to 4 inches. White flowers, not the baccatum sort, not in tight clusters but maybe 3 or 4 flowers side by side (unlike the takanotsume/eagle claw type).

I sure need experienced chili fans's help allright.

By the what, what kind of habaneros-is it habanero mustard? (picture: the one with 2 fruits) The colour is light green too and later one or two even becomes paler before slowly ripening light red.

THANKS!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/elexveritas/RIMG0875.jpg[
/IMG][IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/elexveritas/RIMG0884.jpg

Not sure about the hab, but what you described could be a Medusa. It has next to no heat, few pretty small seeds and the peppers grow upright, they look like little flames and ripen from white to red. Hope that helps!

RIMG0875.jpg

I don't think its a medusa. Not sure what it is

The peppers look pretty big for a Medusa, but the pic might be deceiving.... I'd post a pic of mine, but I have no pods on it atm, picked them all a few days ago.

Well this is what my Mustard Hab looks like, I don't remember them going to pale red when ripening though.

24072008279-1.jpg

Here's the chileman info on Medusa.

My Medusa is weedy looking.

27072008284.jpg

My Medusa looks a bit like that, too. It isn't yielding as many pods as I expected. It is one of the few plants that tends to drop a lot of leaves.

It isn't a medusa, for sure.

Leaves should be more elongated, and the sides of the leaves slightly curl up.

Here are some pics of mine as she grew up..

bolivian-new.jpg

medusa.jpg

medusa-1.jpg

The last pic was from two weeks ago, currently the first couple of peppers are turning orange.

Sorry I cant help you on what it is.

Back