• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What peppers got your interest for next season?

I grew a pair ea of over 100x types in Topsy Tomato planters the 2nd growing season of my 1st year ...

I wish I could tell you how awesome it was, too =) ...

I'm going to grow 4-6x varieties in the near future, again ...

This time I'm going w/ Larry cray-cray-prepper-dude's rain-gutter system and growing the plants on the edge of my carport where they'll be under roof (barely) and receive reflected light off the neighbors white house ...

I'm anticipating a little less poddage, but dark healthy greens without all of the histrionics of plants in the full-time Florida sun ...

I think I'm growing the stalwart mustard habanero, butch t's (my fav scorpion), my shop-mate's orange grove peppers (similar to pepperlover's wild brazil), offspring from one of JHP's mystery wine pods, and finally some Thai chili ...

The focus of this round is continued tea brewing and the introduction of relatively complete automation ... a little iOS app and float-based watering at the minimum, anyways ...

Looking forward to having some plants again, actually ...

that's the nice thing about being in soflo. do it right and you can have a garden all year long. Had i not dug up both my 10ft tiny tim cherry tomato vines they'd probably be putting out right now. my everglades cherry tomato has been producing for about a year now

BigB said:
I think I might have you beat for newbie with the most once my 3x 22 variety of sproutlings shoot up lol In addition to my 6 pepper plants I already have, I also plan on starting more once some seeds arrive my way. Super stoked for the MOA yellow, i'm almost positive it will be my favorite pepper
I'm looking forward to the Scotch Bonnets as well. I will grow more yellow MoA Scotch Bonnet & Jalapeno plants than anything else.
My spreadsheet says I have just over 150 varieties of seeds & will grow 105. 6 weeks ago, I had 5 varieties of seeds from the only varieties I grew in 2014. It's hard to say no. I'm a little worried.

Good question.

In my senior year, I will likely be doing quite a bit less.

I have come to the conclusion that I just don't have the climate for exotic supers for outside grow.

I have a small chunk of property in a fully sunny spot that will get a row or so of supers just to see if they will actually survive with minimal "grower attention".

Thai Dragon, Aji Pineapple, Inca Berry, and Bolivian Rainbow seem to do just fine outside, and inside I have 4 spots in hydro that currently have BG7, SB7J, and Aji Pineapple . There was a Jigsaw, but it died---so now there is a former bonchi project of 2 goat weed and 1 thai dragon in the last hydro.

I haven't finalized which 4 will get next seasons spots in the hydro, nor which ones will get included in the 66 spots in the aerogarden sprouter.

But for sure now:

SB7J
Reaper
BG7
Aji Pineapple
Inca Berry, Thai Dragon, and Bolivian Rainbow (for someone else)

Some interesting crosses sent by members will also be in the mix, and maybe some Goat Weed----once the pods ripen and if I like the flavor.

The Scotch Bonnet MOA is probably one of the tastiest peppers I have grown to date. Everyone in this thread should have that pepper on there list if they can. You will not be disappointed! In fact I'm growing one at my desk at work as we speak its so good! lol   I replaced my under shelf lighting with T5 grow lights and put a plant under it. Ahhhh the things we pepper heads do.   :P

Reaperpeño
7 Pot Starfish
Aji Barrackapore
Chocolate Galapagoense Copenhagen
C.H.U.D. Bhutlah Jigsaw

:liar:rolleyes:  :P  ... I kid, I kid (those aren't ready for primetime yet)

Seriously, I will concentrate on growing out my hybrids, more chocolates and ...
Aleppo
Acı kırmızı Arnavut : Albanian Red Hot
MOAs

I would like to grow some more yellow varities (flavor) along with some rocotos and something really hot so probably going to try out Judys devil peppers. Trying to not grow as many varities as I did this year lol

A few of my crosses are getting me anxious.
Reaper x bbg7 F2
Bbg7 x PDN F1
(Reaper x bbg7 F1) x PDN F1
Bbg7 x aji white fantasy F1
SLP bhutlah brown x PDN F1
Tepin x jellybean white hab F2
Bahamian goat pepper x jellybean white hab F2
Along with...
Purple lined placenta (jalabanero x ?)
Pimenta Lisa White
Trin scorp moruga not chocolate
Choc brainstrain
And many more...

The one's I am really looking for to growing are:

Aji Pineapple (from seeds I collected from my pods last year)
Judy's Cappuccino Naga
Judy's Devil's Brain
Judy's Devil's Heart
7 Pot Bubblegum
MOA Habs
Bahamian Goat

Also praying that all of my overwinters survive.  That would be awesome!

So I didn't order much and not sure I am going to grow all the ones I ordered next season but I ordered brown scorpion, sugar rush, shepherds ramhorn (sweet) from Jim Duffy and I also ordered from Judy at pepperlover.com white peach, moa sotch bonnet and Devils horns. Definitely going to try the moa, shepherds ramhorn and sugar rush though. Now I just need to put a good list together and make sure all of them will fit in the garden lol.

Back