• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What significance does your Username have?

I'm into cars and motorcycles. For a while I was constantly remapping my car or bike computers in an effort to make them run better, or lately, get better gas mileage. I started with this Username on car and bike forums years ago and it has followed me to every other forum since.

Well some think "Omri" stands for "Organic Materials Review Institute", but it's actually my born given name, chosen by my mother. it loosely translates to "My whole life" or "Everything to me". Inta Omri means "You're my everything".

i thought old man described me well. i could have been more accurate and called myself fat,bald,old and grumpy but wanted to keep it short. :rofl:

Queequeg was the cannibal harpooner in the book Moby Dick. i thought he was bad ass when i started using AIM years ago; i was like 12 so yea.

My user name is the same everywhere I go... And it is what all of my friends and most of my family calls me... It was spawned from my habit of doing really weird redneck/hillbilly stuff... Most of the things I do start with "Hey watch this"... and end with "OH SHIT!" or "WHOOPS!" But being an electronics major I cant just do things in a normal hillbilly way.. like for example I have built some major potato guns.. but hair spray and a lighter wasn't good enough soooo I broke out my old welder and put the acetylene and oxygen to it.. after it blew up I realized it need to be away from me when it was fired so I bought some electronic valves and some relays and such and made it radio controlled... then the potatoes got boring so we fashioned bullets from aluminum blocks... (2 inches around and 5 inches long) and started shooting that at stuff... And another long story short on how hillbilly I really am... we had a birthday party for a two year old and some how it turned into "lets see how bad we can mess this car up"... I actually have a pic of the car.. I will find it and add it to this post!

EDIT: PICS AS PROMISED

These Pictures were taken the next day after we were no longer drunk...
Car04.jpg

Car03.jpg

Car02.jpg

Car01.jpg

And this pic was taken while we were doing it... I am the one in the white shirt... the guy standing on the ground with the beard owned the car and was very angry that we did what we did.. but a little more alcohol and he came around...
car25.jpg

So I hope this helps you understand why my username is "A Hillbilly"...

Mine comes from my user name on the xbox. (Insert generic nerd joke here) When I signed up for that service years ago it suggested a few different names, and given my state of mind at the time :high: I thought it was funny. I've used it on just about everything online since, just to keep it simple...

Mine comes from when I used to work in a cafeteria..busy breakfast, I was cooking like a madman..and every couple minutes I would hear "grill cheese"..every time I turned around from the grill the lineup was still there, yet no one said anything to me..so I continued cooking. Eventually it turned out that 1 person was standing beside the toaster and tried telling me his order, but it didn't come out fast enough before I turned around to work the grill. I always giggle when I hear "grill cheese" just because of that one guy. :)

I'm into cars and motorcycles. For a while I was constantly remapping my car or bike computers in an effort to make them run better, or lately, get better gas mileage. I started with this Username on car and bike forums years ago and it has followed me to every other forum since.
what kind of bike do you ride?

i am a bodyboarder and 3 of my friends surf so thwy would always refer to me as the "sponger" so came spongey and my race bike is a gsxr600.

My user name is the same everywhere I go... And it is what all of my friends and most of my family calls me... It was spawned from my habit of doing really weird redneck/hillbilly stuff... Most of the things I do start with "Hey watch this"... and end with "OH SHIT!" or "WHOOPS!" But being an electronics major I cant just do things in a normal hillbilly way.. like for example I have built some major potato guns.. but hair spray and a lighter wasn't good enough soooo I broke out my old welder and put the acetylene and oxygen to it.. after it blew up I realized it need to be away from me when it was fired so I bought some electronic valves and some relays and such and made it radio controlled... then the potatoes got boring so we fashioned bullets from aluminum blocks... (2 inches around and 5 inches long) and started shooting that at stuff... And another long story short on how hillbilly I really am... we had a birthday party for a two year old and some how it turned into "lets see how bad we can mess this car up"... I actually have a pic of the car.. I will find it and add it to this post!

EDIT: PICS AS PROMISED

These Pictures were taken the next day after we were no longer drunk...
Car04.jpg

Car03.jpg

Car02.jpg

Car01.jpg

And this pic was taken while we were doing it... I am the one in the white shirt... the guy standing on the ground with the beard owned the car and was very angry that we did what we did.. but a little more alcohol and he came around...
car25.jpg

So I hope this helps you understand why my username is "A Hillbilly"...
Ummm, this was a 2 year olds party right? lol too funny

The alpha-nerd part was given to me after spending a lot of time in yahoo chat help rooms - given that i was mostly thirsty while there bentalphanerd came to be. Now i'm googleable & even scored alphanerdz.com who knows where its going.

I'm still thirsty :beer:

I come from Newcastle. :D

I think you should change it to "NewNovacastrian" from Newcastle in NewSouthwales.

I love hot food, hot peppers, and hot cars.
I have a 1967 Coupe DeVille. It's Prowler purple with a black vinyl top, and blacked windows. 429 Cadillac big block, 500w subwoofer in the trunk, electric everything (windows, seats, etc.).
I think it's like 21 feet long, built when gas and steel was cheap the ULTIMATE street sled....

Back