what to do if someone doesn't hold their end of the bargain

I sent a thp member a sfrb of pods and he claimed he would send me seeds. I sent the box and told him the seed varieties I chose from his list. Nothing shows.

I sent a reminder message a month later which he acknowledges,and says they will be sent in a couple days. 1 month later, nothing...

I sent another reminder, but no response from this one. Is there some sort of reporting I should do? The member in question has a decent post count and I don't think he's really trying to scam, but I'm a little frustrated.

hogleg said:
I just noticed what GB said. Yeah, what seeds were you spose to get? Maybe some of us could pay it forward, to make up for the jackass. Not trying to clear them. I just get a lot of pleasure sharing seeds I've saved with the cool THP members.
You noticed my plan did you? :)

wonder if its the same person i sent a sasbe to a month and a half ago for seeds , he acknowledged me at first but now just ignore any messages i send to even see if he received the sasbe . but note  (their were no pods involved ) somewhat a prominent member of thp . he did send to a friend of mine on here tho . oh well , back to the patriots game ! :dance:

Let us know who it was, perhaps via one last reminder for all to see ....

Two points also come to mind:

1) The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and
2) Without public disclosure, negligent behaviour is likely to continue and produce other upset members in the THP and for the large part we are close-knit community - let's keep it that way !

Regards,

Tim

PS - oh yeah, what did you want? I might have it in case any of your other offers don't

Roguejim said:
Out him. I don't want to deal with him.

I third this option. Your only recourse is to out the person in hopes it saves someone else some grief. Also as suggested what seeds were part of this transaction? Give the community a chance to make it right on behalf of the community and not for this weasel. Calling them out also gives other who experienced the same thing(either thru this person or another) the chance to speak up when they may not have spoke up before.

If you did a good deed, leave it at that. There's no room for resentment in a good deed. If you are frustrated enough to start a thread about your "payback", then you haven't been through much in life. Anytime you "gift" something (especially on the internet), it should be given with the best intentions and that's it.

That said, if it was an agreed upon "trade", then that sucks, and it ain't right. Who is this prominent member? Have they posted in awhile? Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from responding. I would choose to believe the best before accusing them of being a weasel or scamming. Especially if they have been a member for awhile. Let it go, move on. You did a good thing and that's all that matters.

edit: For the record, about a year ago, Husker sent me a bunch of his awesome sauces, and I have yet to repay him with my Scovie Powder. I feel awful but he knows that when I finally get around to making it, he is #1 on the list. It was not an agreed upon "trade", he just sent them to me and I want to repay him. That's how it should be. Gifts. All around.

Scoville DeVille said:
If you did a good deed, leave it at that. There's no room for resentment in a good deed. If you are frustrated enough to start a thread about your "payback", then you haven't been through much in life. Anytime you "gift" something (especially on the internet), it should be given with the best intentions and that's it.

That said, if it was an agreed upon "trade", then that sucks, and it ain't right. Who is this prominent member? Have they posted in awhile? Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from responding. I would choose to believe the best before accusing them of being a weasel or scamming. Especially if they have been a member for awhile. Let it go, move on. You did a good thing and that's all that matters.

edit: For the record, about a year ago, Husker sent me a bunch of his awesome sauces, and I have yet to repay him with my Scovie Powder. I feel awful but he knows that when I finally get around to making it, he is #1 on the list. It was not an agreed upon "trade", he just sent them to me and I want to repay him. That's how it should be. Gifts. All around.
This was my position on a recent SASBE that didn't get returned.  My question, how about when you mouse over the persons user name to see that they are online using the personal message system and not replying to you?  You then see posts from other member who have had the same issue, is that when it needs to be addressed?  I've noticed the members I've had dealings with on this forum are pretty generous and hate to see this generosity taken advantage of. 

sirhc76 said:
This was my position on a recent SASBE that didn't get returned.  My question, how about when you mouse over the persons user name to see that they are online using the personal message system and not replying to you?  You then see posts from other member who have had the same issue, is that when it needs to be addressed?  I've noticed the members I've had dealings with on this forum are pretty generous and hate to see this generosity taken advantage of. 

hmmm. That's a tough one. I quit giving stuff to newbs for that reason, but the fact that this is a member with a "decent post count" (whatever that is... 40? 400? 4000?) is puzzling to me.
It basically comes down to what you have control over... nothing except your own feeling and actions. As long as you can sleep at night, that's the key to a happy life.

Damm, I sound down-right philosophical.  :rofl:

For now I'm not going to oust him. He has about 800 posts, and been a member since '11. I'll give him a little more time, but it seems like there's no way to report people on this forum? I have way more peppers than I can handle, so it's really just a loss of $6, which is no big deal.
I also appreciate all the offers for seeds. This site has some generous people on it, but for now I'm just gonna wait it out. I dont really "need" seeds at the moment. Thank you all for responses and offers.

Back