What to do with peppers?

Hi !

Kind pif having one of those good problems. I have been continuously harvesting 2 of my plants, a red congo and a 7 pot primo.

The thing is that I have too many of them and given that I have a prolonged season I will keep on harvesting for the foreseeable future. The plants are growing  beautifully in Panama under hot and humid tropical weather. They  push out pods like crazy.

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in receiving or reviewing my peppers? The only problem is since I am in Panama I don't know if I am able to ship them fresh to the US. I do dry my peppers so that would also be an option although I think people prefer them fresh. 

Like I said I currently have only 2 kinds, the congo and the primo, but I have a few more coming up and would like to have some idea of what to do with them. I have no more freezer space for peppers luckily.!

C010822C-A7E2-4979-B854-7A4D22EFE32B_zpskmfnl5hi.jpg

23649E92-D540-43E3-9E24-DFD5A2E2CBE8_zpsuf0xrx77.jpg

8BB2FE2B-EC9F-4EA2-8F23-9E5603AEF19D_zpsjbgosmxa.jpg

If you are interested in receiving or reviewing some of these pods please send me a pm so we can work something out. I am not interested in selling these, I want to give them out for free.

I can also do some powders as well.

Thanks!!!

Very nice and generous offer! I am in your boat and even bought a chest freezer last season to add some room which is now full as well. I can't powder and sauce them fast enough! Large sauce batches would be a great way to get a bunch of them to use all at once. Check out the fermenting peppers 101 thread over in the hot sauce making forum.  

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice looking plants and pods, I miss Panama and need to get back to Boca del Toro :)
I love bocas. I was just there couple of months ago! Let me know next time you come down !
IMG_1525_zps8219f002.jpg

IMG_1432_zps52dfe9c5.jpg

ok so no further freezer space.. so.. i would start drying them i even put some in a spare cars back window to dry them... worked well within 1-2 days a whole cookie sheet was bone dry..

Thanx for the offer, but customs will say NO :-)

What size is the pots you are using, if you dont mind me asking.

That plant is that the 7 pod? Love the "mini tree" look.

D

howardsnm1 said:
ok so no further freezer space.. so.. i would start drying them i even put some in a spare cars back window to dry them... worked well within 1-2 days a whole cookie sheet was bone dry..
And the car smelled like pain, right? That's what happens if you use an oven.

Walti72 said:
Thanx for the offer, but customs will say NO :-)

What size is the pots you are using, if you dont mind me asking.

That plant is that the 7 pod? Love the "mini tree" look.

D
The pots are 5 gal smart pots

cruzzfish said:
And the car smelled like pain, right? That's what happens if you use an oven.
 no actually it didnt smell at all.. i had the windows cracked a bit.. my germ rate for the sun dried ones was above 80%

Back