• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

What to do?

So here is what I am growing this year....

7 Pot Barrack Pore
7 Pot Large Yellow
7 Pot Red
7 Pot Yellow
Bhut Indian Cabone
Bih Jolokia
Bombay Morich
Chocolate Bhut (X2)
Chocolate Habanero
Dorset Naga
Red Bhut (X2)
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
White Bullet Habanero (X2)
Yellow Bhut

Now I am German/Norwegian so I do not have it in my blood to handle hot stuff yet I do enjoy a some stuff that has a "good stank" as I call it. Now a Red Savina is the hottest pepper I have eaten raw and when it comes to hot sauce I don't go much further that the habenero sauces. As you may have guessed I may have gotten myself into a bit of trouble this year. My original plan was to dehydrate everything and turn it into powder. But thinking of that now though it may not be a bad idea, it seem like a waste to not use some to make sauce or salsa. But the thought of it kind of scares my Norwegian tongue a little...lol So does anyone have any delicious sauce/salsa recipes that I could try and that wouldn't ruin my night or weekend? :)

Or perhaps just some recipes that would help put some of these peppers to good use.

Well I really love the chocolate hab and I found this recipe last year. I find myself wanting to grow more chocolate habs after this sauce
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/15895-chocolate-hab-sauce/page__pid__455878#entry455878

Just thought I would check back and see if anyone else had any other suggestions. I just ran the EXCALIBURRRRRR for the first time over the weekend and here is what I got so far. WORKS GREAT!

IMAG0097.jpg

Just thought I would check back and see if anyone else had any other suggestions. I just ran the EXCALIBURRRRRR for the first time over the weekend and here is what I got so far. WORKS GREAT!

IMAG0097.jpg

Hey! Nice harvest. Go check your local library for "The Complete Chile Pepper Book: A Gardener's Guide to Choosing, Growing, Preserving, and Cooking"

They have a lot of great stuff in there. You can change the peppers on any recipe by taste too. Flakes area always a great way to go for adding some heat to whatever you are cooking. Maybe smoke some of them in a smoker and then make a flake mix? So many options.

I wish I had known anything about hot peppers before this season started. I envy your situation (more peppers than you know what to do with)!!!

Back