• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

what to expect?

Hello,
I recently purchased Carolina reaper seeds. I'm planning on making a raised bed garden. I'm not sure how much space the plant will need. I plan on starting indoors and plant outside around mothers day. Any information would helps, thank you much.

I did a search and only found pictures/tutorial info on germination. No adult pictures or info.

Thanks again,
Pete from Boise Idaho

Rockylinx said:
Oh nice, thank you.... not much info out there..

More-good luck! Post some pictures :)
lots of people grew it last year in their glogs but there isn't a way to search for a specific plant very well.

from super hots canada's grow
carolina-reaper.jpg

from trents glog
e2MgAQ1h.jpg

bestia (on the left)
2mqkjsg.jpg

My first year growing reapers (2 seasons ago) I had a couple plants but didn't get any pods, I dug up the healthiest of the two and over wintered it. I had a billion pods pretty early last year. I still have the same plant in a 5 gal bucket upstairs that I barely keep alive, I expect another great year. If you don't have full sun in your garden, they seem to require a lot, a pot is a great way to go. 

As far as number of plants, I plant mine in an offset pattern about 18 inches apart from each other if you stagger them I'd say you could fit about 13 or so.

Rockylinx said:
Hello,
I recently purchased Carolina reaper seeds. I'm planning on making a raised bed garden. I'm not sure how much space the plant will need. I plan on starting indoors and plant outside around mothers day. Any information would helps, thank you much.

I did a search and only found pictures/tutorial info on germination. No adult pictures or info.

Thanks again,
Pete from Boise Idaho
Pete from Boise! I'm Nick from Boise! I'm not currently there, but hopefully will be back next year. Good luck with your grow! I am interested to see how the reapers do in the HOT, DRY Boise summer! Look forward to seeing more from you

Back