• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering what to feed overwintered plants in spring?

As the title asks..
Have a few nice superhot variety yearlings coming back my carolina reaper is beginning to drop leaves all others look great. What can I feed it? My options are limited to walmart or canadian tire. Both an hour drive.

I'm assuming the soil is spent?

Nitrogen hey? Alright- will look! thanks do you think I should put them in slightly larger pots with some new soil too? They were moved to 1.5g pots in the fall and I can see they are out growing them. They will go into the ground once it thaws up here.

I'd recommend this stuff, Miracle Gro Organic Choice All Purpose Plant Food (liquid).  It's 8-0-0 and is made from fermented sugar beet molasses and is relatively easy to find.  Comes in 32oz containers.  Like stated above, once it starts flowering you'll need to add your P-K and CalMag to the feeding with something different.

073561002509lg.jpg

AACT
Copost
Wormcastings

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with grass clippings, add water and stir with a stick. Separate the now green water and pour it in to the soil slowly. This will add loads of ultra absorb-able nutrients to your soil as well as tons of beneficial microbes.

I discovered method this when my Yellow 7 that was planted next to a grass clipping pile exploded with growth.

I don't recommend using grass clippings as mulch. I have loads of grubs in my compost pile that I suspect came from the grass. So just use the Tea and then compost the leftover clippings.

Thanks everyone. Ikeepfish thats exactly the stuff I got. I would use grass clippings if the snow would ever melt lol going to be a short season. I suspect I'll be ripening fruit indoors under lights this year.

canuckheat said:
Thanks everyone. Ikeepfish thats exactly the stuff I got. I would use grass clippings if the snow would ever melt lol going to be a short season. I suspect I'll be ripening fruit indoors under lights this year.

Hehe hell yeah, it isn't as bad out here but I think I'll be in the same boat :D

Yeah youll just get more rain I'd suspect.. my garden is just starting to show dirt through snow. Maybe plant mid to late may.

Back