• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Thanks for the kind words P & P! It's just a standard mushrooms, green pepper, purple onion and pepperoni. A healthy dose of crushed red pepper flakes in with the tomato sauce along with a sprinkling of basil, garlic, marjoram, thyme and some extra mozza. Like I said earlier, it was for the family so I couldn't spice it up :(. I have a Tasmanian hab that's ready to go and I think I'll fire it onto the next one I do. Very happy with the taste of the Tas. habs. They don't have the normal hab flavor. I'm still a little surprised that it turned out as well as it did. I've seen people here cook pizza on the grill, just never tried it myself. I highly recommend it. No soggy dough at all.

Oh my. I nearly forgot that! I only have hab and cayenne powder at the moment. I have two naga plants on the go right now and am hoping they'll be good producers. They were over wintered and are a good size for the summer ahead. I do have a variety of hot sauces that I could add to the pizza sauce though :think:

I have some:

Traditional Caribbean Style Habanero
Ginger Lime Tequila
Dave's Ghost Pepper - Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce
Neal's Hairy Ass
Sylvia's Triple Strength Hot Sauce
Hell's inferno Naga Bhut Jolokia
Yucatan Sunshine Hab
West African Voodoo Juice
Beyond Death
Tabasco's Hab Sauce
Defcon 1,2,3
and a few others that I can't recall right now. Don't think I'd use the Blair's Death stuff because I don't really want to subject my tastebuds to that. It's kinda nasty. It's more of a novelty sauce that's good for those people who think they can take anything, but I don't want to sacrifice my good hot sauces on them.

Blister said:
Oh my. I nearly forgot that! I only have hab and cayenne powder at the moment. I have two naga plants on the go right now and am hoping they'll be good producers. They were over wintered and are a good size for the summer ahead. I do have a variety of hot sauces that I could add to the pizza sauce though :think:

I have some:

Traditional Caribbean Style Habanero
Ginger Lime Tequila
Dave's Ghost Pepper - Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce
Neal's Hairy Ass
Sylvia's Triple Strength Hot Sauce
Hell's inferno Naga Bhut Jolokia
Yucatan Sunshine Hab
West African Voodoo Juice
Beyond Death
Tabasco's Hab Sauce
Defcon 1,2,3
and a few others that I can't recall right now. Don't think I'd use the Blair's Death stuff because I don't really want to subject my tastebuds to that. It's kinda nasty. It's more of a novelty sauce that's good for those people who think they can take anything, but I don't want to sacrifice my good hot sauces on them.

Okay.....I've had a few beers...but I still know this is wrong, but I'm going to say it anyways.....

I wouldn't mind trying Neal's Hairy Ass. :lol:

Strange method but it all workedout in the end.

Slowly simmered in a base stock of milk, cheese, bacon, dijon mustard, pepper and Y7 Turkey Slap. Removed the wings and..

Baked until crispy then on with some more cheese:
P4170471.jpg

Strained and reduced the sauce, then thickened with a little cornflour and a wollop of THSC Y7 Turkey Slap. The dairy ingredients subdue the heat (but it's plenty warm), but the flavour of the Yellow 7 pot shines through amazingly! Sweet and savoury with a hint of mustard.
All over the wings: Yee Haaa!
P4170474.jpg

Back