• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

How about a little crispy tostada with a fresh avacado, olive, pepper, cilantro, onion and lime salsa

The goodies

al57q0.jpg

All blended up

2zgi4xz.jpg

Some pepper jack cheese and into the broiler to crisp up and melt the cheese

2hnnr5h.jpg

Time to eat with your favorite hot sauce

x27ad0.jpg

Time to cool off with a little Ben and Jerry's

2eewqvp.jpg

Enjoy, we did

How about a little crispy tostada with a fresh avacado, olive, pepper, cilantro, onion and lime salsa

The goodies

al57q0.jpg

All blended up

2zgi4xz.jpg

Some pepper jack cheese and into the broiler to crisp up and melt the cheese

2hnnr5h.jpg

Time to eat with your favorite hot sauce

x27ad0.jpg

Time to cool off with a little Ben and Jerry's

2eewqvp.jpg

Enjoy, we did

That looks awesome! Great job! :dance:

What, no Top Ramen noodles and cheese on top? ;) I'd eat chili like that more often if anyone else in the house would eat it that way. :lol:
Never mixed Top Ramen with chili - sounds great, and I gotta try that out! I often put a lot of cheese on my chili as well, but was a bit on the lazy side yesterday - opening a can was my culinary achievement for the day :lol:

NACHO'S!!!
i added a generous portion of one of my homemade sauces 'AJI SUPREME" to the meat

it was so good i was making yummy sounds and my wife told me i need to stop LOL

thanks joe

breakfast is served. country gravy w/ hot sausage & bisquits, w/ some hab sauce on top, & a glass of OJ. I cooked chipotle morita (powder) with the jimmy deans hot sausage.

100_7642.jpg

I found some Louisiana catfish at my local market here in northern BC. What the hell! I know right!? I jumped at it and picked up a pound and a half. Blackened Catfiss baby! This was the first time I tried catfiss and man stuff is awesome! I had it for dinner and have been munching on it ever since. So good. Lite, flaky and full of flavor.

blackened-catfish.jpg

CH, never tried putting hot sauce on my B&G....might have to try that! :dance:

Blister, that is an awesome, pretty piece of catfish ya got there!!! I hope you made more!!

:clap:

Heya, I'm certainly not one for taking photos before or during cooking unless it's a BIG cooking thing like maybe one of my curry pastes.
Cooked this the other night, got as much Bhut Jolokia ingredients (chillifactory devil's delirium) and powder (I just loaded that in) with some oil and lemon juice. Diced an onion which I'm improving on, put a steak into the non-stick frypan and poured the dressing/baste on. mixed it within all the onion and steak on both sides. It smelt really good, had a very nice Jolokia flavour too.

Not 100% sure if this image will work, if it doesn't please tell me, it's linked off facebook.

167132_10150132412330752_590245751_7948172_593481_n.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't know what to expect with catfish, but I was really happy with it. It's light and flaky. The ol' lady didn't care for the 'char' (as she put it) too much, but I really liked it. I'm definitely going to make it again :)

Hot Purple Peter Pepper Tomato Soup!

Fatty purple carrot of dooooom!
002.jpg

The business end
001.jpg

Choppy choppy
010.jpg

My overwintered Peters. (Hey! It's cold outside! :P)
022.jpg

The soup begins
015.jpg

Purple pot of phun!
044.jpg

Dinner at last
047.jpg

Had a craving for some tomater soup for some reason. So I threw together 2 canned of diced tomatoes, 1 shallot, 1 rib of celery, 1 huge purple carrot, a little thyme, a bay leaf, a couple peter peppers, a dash of red wine vinegar and a little salt and pepper. Simmered it for about 30-40 mins to soften everything then ran a stick blender through it until fairly smooth. Came out a little chunky and nicely spicy and a really striking red/purple color. Those carrots can stain your fingers and cutting board, but have a pretty good flavor. It set off the egg salad sammitches and sunchoke gratin quite nicely.

-Pook

Really interesting soup you made, EatingOutFresno - I've never heard of purple carrot before too, but they look awesome - sort of like a cross between a beet and carrot.

I've gotten some of the heirloom colored carrots before, but they had orange cores like any regular carrot. These had a sweeter but more muted flavor, but the same texture as a normal carrot. And they really will dye anything you put them in. We tried one in some cabbage and potatoes for corned beef night and the whole pot of veg turned bright magenta. Didn't mess with the flavor at all, just made for a very Valentinesey dish.

Breakfast started today with a little experiment. Didn't feel like eating anything real heavy so I made a banana and blueberry smoothie with some crushed fatalii in it. A bit of honey on top to sweeten things up a bit. Just enough heat to put a smile on my face and warm up my belly. YUM!

Back