• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Not very spicy. Chinese BBQ pork with a little habanero in the sauce...just a tiny bit.
P1020622_zpsa3vps2b6.jpg

P1020616_zps1org2knm.jpg

Not sure what to call this since it is similar to 2 Chinese dishes. So i will call it Twice Cooked Kung Pao Pork!!! Left over Char Siu, celery, onion and red cabbage. Sauce is 1 tbs Chinese cooking wine, 1 tbs hoisin, 3 tbs LKK Kung Pao sauce, 1 tbs hot sauce and about 1/2 tbs of Korean pepper flakes. Gunna need to kick the heat up a notch next time.

P1020627_zpsmxdyk3j6.jpg

P1020628_zpsxq3nzgwy.jpg

I made two lemon drop powders. One had just a little orange hab powder in it. It seems i wasn't paying attention when i grabbed the bottle.

This was hot for me! Prima Taste Singapore curry noodles with cuttlefish balls, leftover jalapeno chicken sausage, fried tofu and red onion. Oh and a small splash of Red Boat 40N.
P1020633_zpsj7z8kzub.jpg

I tell you what, those sausages cooked on the grill are stellar in this curry.

G.I.P's 7+ layer Chicken taco salad;

njg8XJP.jpg

pbf7t1T.jpg

1st layer

TXaEGC9.jpg

2nd layer

0qzXqqa.jpg

3rd/4th layer (not everyone like both beans and rice in their taco salad :) )

cUjcRDq.jpg

​5th +  chips crushed (i used cool ranch Doritos) and sliced olives

URCKPdj.jpg

6th shredded taco seasoned chicken and peppers

XlYWlWX.jpg

7 +   sliced Avocado

KUYcpoc.jpg

and finally, dusted in rocoto powder, and topped with a dollop of sour cream 

:mouthonfire:

:cheers:

Back