• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Lasagna with garlic bread and aged yellow brain strain pepper sauce. Lasagna is one of my favorite things to cook, can't wait for the left overs. Put a touch of honey in the ricotta mixture for the first time, added a nice lil something

QrkVnTr.jpg

Uv2fnwr.jpg

Genetikx said:
I would slaughter that kimchi stew. Looks fantastic!

My father and brother destroyed it. Huge pot and ZERO leftovers. Dad begs me to make it when he wants to join me for dinner. I have tried kimchi jjiggae at numerous local places and i swear mine is better. Granted i use about twice the amount of meat vs kimchi as the restaurants but still.

What i do differently is marinate and lightly brown the pork first. Then stirfry some pepper paste with the pork before adding the kimchi. Jjiggae usually does not use gochujang and the pork is usually just boiled.The pepper paste adds a hint of sweetness and tames down the kimchi just slightly.

Marinade is simple
Dark soy sauce
Mirin (sweet sake)
Minced garlic
Kimchi juice
Black pepper.
Pepper flakes or paste (optional)
Let the sliced pork marinate for at least a hour. Over night is better if you just want a stirfry version.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Authentic kimchi stew with old kimchi and pork belly. Short grain rice and homemade "danmuji". I normally never buy kimchi but i had to try this stuff.

Wow that looks awesome!

My last few meals:

First pic is an Indian style Chicken 65 with curry leaves and fresh sliced chili's. Made in an air fryer I recently got and am loving.  This was the dry version, I'm still working on getting the gravy down to pan fry with.

Second is a Thai Basil Fried Rice with a ton of fresh garlic and a bunch of homegrown Thai chili's(my favorite quick and easy dish).

Attachments

• 0510171023.jpg
    0510171023.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1025161455.jpg
    1025161455.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 47
OeLLYT5.jpg

Pad Thai with chicken, soft boiled ramen style quail eggs, sliced fresh scotch brain,smoked korean pepper flakes, and roasted Carliston pepper
KlxxpZx.jpg

you soft boil the eggs, than put immeadiately in bowl of ice water to keep them from continuing to cook, then carefully crack and peel, rinse, soak in sweet salty mixture of: cooking saki, mirin, brown sugar, light soy sauce, and water. let them marinade in that for at least 20 minutes serve with your noodley dish  :party:
achBIHc.jpg

Today is Char Siu (again) sauce from scratch with some Korean pepper flakes added. Kimchi, danmuji and rice. Marinated the pork for 3 days this time and its a tad more salty but less sweet.

Its in the smoker now but i didn't add any wood. Just what was leftover from the last time i used it. Mainly just didnt feel like using the oven since its nice outside and i turned the A/C off.

TaaaDaaa
jZQ0GrE.jpg

IT8mwfi.jpg

Back