• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Juevos Tampiqueno with chilaca

crop_7317.jpg

crop_7320.jpg

willard3 said:
Juevos Tampiqueno with chilaca

crop_7317.jpg

crop_7320.jpg

Dude I can't remember ever you posting pics of comidas but I will say this. A three legged comal? Outstanding! Is that machaca with the chilaca peppers and juevos? Yo tengo mucho hombre' ahora!!

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
Dude I can't remember ever you posting pics of comidas but I will say this. A three legged comal? Outstanding! Is that machaca with the chilaca peppers and juevos? Yo tengo mucho hombre' ahora!!

Salute', TB.

TB:

Comal is on a gas burner that looks like legs....it is flat.

Salchichas, cumin, chiles, ceblollas, ajo, sal y pimientos in a cooked salsa to put on eggs.

The cheese is Oaxaca cheese....it is excellent melting cheese.

VN Williard...I'd love one of those things for torts and stuff.

Today, made breakfast sammiches: spicy pork sausage, 2 eggs, sprinkled with lots of arbol/chipotle/cayenne/garlic powder. Used my hab-bacon mayo, a swipe of chilefire UK naga sauce and sauteed mushrooms all together on wheat toast with lots of melty cheddar.

Yum.

Also made a Tostada "Pizza"

Nice big tostada, spread with sauce, mozz, then pepperoni pieces and mushrooms. Sprinked with mexican oregano, S&P, and a couple shots of hab powder. When about done, added some grated aged Gouda and more chile powders and let it meltify.

S6302544.JPG

Makes a fun quiky snack. :)

Dude...you're like a snack MacGyver! You know me, drunken foodie snob, but I swear my mouth was watering looking at that! You're a genius Quad.

Cheers, TB.

Thanks man!

I love snacks. I gotta big metabolism and find lots of smaller meals is better for me.

Oh, and I used the Guerrero Tostadas Caseras.

0004856422019_500X500.jpg

They are pretty thick and didn't get soggy at all.

Here's that burrito I mentioned I'd make. I started off w/ a Mission Jalapeno Cheddar tortilla. I spread on some refried beans, salsa, the taco meat from the weekend, cheese, & 2 chopped habs for good measure. I nuked that while a couple of eggs were cooking. Added the eggs sunny side up, broke the yolks, & cut up the whites. Here's the result:

burrito001.jpg

burrito002.jpg

This was QUITE tasty!!! I'm looking forward to doing this again soon.

Impy. Most righteous as usual. We may have to come up with an honorable title for you and your most excellent spicy pics! For now you are the Burrito Queen! That 'thang is food after my own heart. Burrito's are the food of common folk like you and moi but taste just like royalty!

Cheers, TB.

Dug out my BBQ and did up some Pull the Rip Cord Jerk Wings. I had to really up the level of Cayenne pepper from the original recipe though. We've been eating so much hot foods that we've gotten used to the heat. The original recipe called for 2 tsp. of cayenne. I had to increase it to 2 1/2 TBSPs. It could still go up a notch or two. Just wish I could find something hotter around here. Oh well, on to the pics!

On the Q,

pulltheripcordjerkwingsbbq.jpg

On the plate with obligatory frosty malted style beverine,

pulltheripcordjerkwingssized.jpg

All in all it was a good night as the Vancouver Canucks beat the L.A. Kings, I ate some greasy wings and drank some beer :)

Neil

ImpyChick said:
Here's that burrito I mentioned I'd make. I started off w/ a Mission Jalapeno Cheddar tortilla. I spread on some refried beans, salsa, the taco meat from the weekend, cheese, & 2 chopped habs for good measure. I nuked that while a couple of eggs were cooking. Added the eggs sunny side up, broke the yolks, & cut up the whites. Here's the result:

burrito001.jpg

burrito002.jpg

This was QUITE tasty!!! I'm looking forward to doing this again soon.

The girl can definately cook........:onfire::onfire:

My snack for tonight's Tv watchin':

S6302567.JPG

Cooked up a Falls Brand Hot Smoked Sausage with some onions, threw it into a mess of good 'ol brown mustard w/ some smooshed pickled Bhut Jolokia for that eXXXtra kick. (thats the red stuff on the top part of the bun)

Added some hab jack and a dash of Buffalo Chipotle Sauce. On a nice warm whole-wheat bun.

Damn, those sausages are GOOD and pretty spicy too. They're made in Twin Falls, Idaho not far from here. Hardwood smoked and naturally cased...the kind ya gotta cut the links apart.

A Simple snack, but making me sweat just a weeee bit.

Mmmm. :)

Sorry the pic sux. :-/

*edit*

The Bhut kicked in massivly after I was done chomping...owwwwieee! Got sweat running down my face, and if taht ain't bad enuf I still got a pound of O-Habs dehydrating about 8 feet away. Ow.

Keep in mind, those Bhuts haven been in fridge pickling away for a year almost...I can STILL taste it after like 10 mins even through the heavy smoked flavor of the sausage and chipotle sauce.

Did I mention Ow?

Well ya'll, my drunken kung fu was not too bad last eve in the Blues Kitchen. I decided that calamari along with the poppers would be too much food and will do the calamari later.

Now for the down and dirty. Got some anahiems, japs and habs, along with some goat cheese and chorizo. The intention was to stuff a hab, and then stuff that into a jap or anahiem thus constructing a veritable "super popper". After cooking the chorizo along with onion and garlic and minced hab, I cooled that and added the goat cheese along with cheddar and jack cheese.

I stuffed the habs first. That was all well and good but then I couldn't fit the stuffed habs into the other chilis. Too big. Damn! Either they were too big or more likely, I was too drunk!
I think the latter is more likely.

Got all of the chilis stuffed and then into the beer batter and then the fryer. All of the poppers were dynamite! Before I knew it I had slammed 8 habs down in about 7 minutes. My nose was running like a spigot. Oddly I didn't sweat. Most excellent endorphin rush. Combined with the alcohol I had already consumed, the rush pushed my pea sized brain over the edge into a mental vacation envisioning myself running naked in the woods with all the little wild animals. Sorry no pics of that.

Amazingly through all the destruction and mayhem, I somehow managed to take a few pics.

It started off innocently enough...

0006-3.jpg

Just look at that monster! It needed more hab heat though to perfect it.

0008-2.jpg

Sometime during the chaos, I marinated some baby back ribs for the smoker on Sunday! Wonder what else I did that I don't remember....

0007-2.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Looking good TB love the color on that Anaheim. We must've been on somewhat of the same wavelength last night. I also started a rack of babybacks marinating. Goya chipotle marinade and CaJohn's Killer Chipotle sauce. Should be good. I'll take pics.

VNice TB!

I still wanna try making The Uber Popper...:D

I got a pasilla, some really large jalas, and habs...mebbe i'll stuff a piquin in the habs just for overkill... :twisted:

My gut/etc. is hating the late-night Bhut experiment today, but pretty sure I'll live with sufficent coffee. ;)

Ha..Bhut Sausage..iz teh funniez...

QuadShotz said:
VNice TB!

I still wanna try making The Uber Popper...:D

I got a pasilla, some really large jalas, and habs...mebbe i'll stuff a piquin in the habs just for overkill... :twisted:

My gut/etc. is hating the late-night Bhut experiment today, but pretty sure I'll live with sufficent coffee. ;)

Ha..Bhut Sausage..iz teh funniez...

The mega popper needs more work...but tasted great!

I already tried stuffing pequins in habs. I couldn't taste the pequins due to the wall of hab flame.

The hab poppers are doing the pachuco hop in my lower intestine right now. Good times.

Cheers, TB

I really shouldn't look at this thread this early in the morning. There's way too much good looking food shots in here. I'm also away from my kitchen so I can't just whip something up :(. The last 'spicy' thing I had was the Cactus Fries they serve at Boston Pizza. What a let down.

Back