• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

The creole seasoning is homemade. However, I must admit the red beans and rice is store bought this time. Pics posted in the Drunken Chef.

pileiton said:
Spicy turkey burgers. With red pepper flakes and jalapenos. Topped with mango chili sauce.
Sounds good - much better than the butt burner wings I made the other night. To compensate, my wife made me a salad tonight :(

I had a Jonah to use up so I created this:

001-3.jpg

7Pot Jonah, Cayenne Ring of Fire, green capsicum, mushrooms, onion, garlic, can of diced tomatoes, diced chicken, chardonnay, s&p, dried oregano and loads of paprika, I do like me some paprika.

Put that over linguini and hand it to me!

Sorry lads, it's all gone. The linguine sounds like a good idea THP. JT it wasn't crazy hot, as it was enough for 2 meals, but it had some heat. I had to make do with the only ripe Jonah I had and didn't want to change the flavour adding too much of the Cayenne. I ate a bit of another Jonah straight up last week and the flavour was unreal, well for the brief second I could actually taste it before the heat smacked me upside the head. Unfortuantely one wasn't enough in this dish to get the taste though.

tonights dinner.. my brothers mother in law is sri lankan and taught me how to cook a good curry.. all home cooked although I didnt make my own curry powder.. this was picked up from the indian store down the road..I normally use chicken breast, but tonight experimented with a half a whole chook (including skin and bones)... came out better than usual... cooked fairly mild due to MrMel but extra chilli at the end :)

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

thanks guys :) it is messy but it was tasty!! i think when i cook it now, no more skinless, boneless breast.. the whole thing goes in! I considered cleaning the plate before taking the pic but thought screw it.. its how it tastes that matters :P I also used a smaller plate than usual as the one I normally use is in the fridge with leftover spagbol :) very, very easy to make though :)

... you think the plate and cooking was messy... you should have seen me chopping up the whole chook!! my knives got a workout tonight!

Nope, there is a lot of good stuff on youtube.
Not just Sri Lankin though, pretty much everything :D

Here is one of them

[video=youtube;3dtwijACx6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dtwijACx6s[/video]

mmm... salt n pepper squid and yum cha. my favourites!! i think i'll be spending some time on you tube next week when i'm off on my holidays!!

hahahahahaaaa... i'm counting down the hours!! i worked all through christmas so this is well deserved.... just cracked open the pina colada slushie thing that i mixed up on sunday... not bad, very strong but good... will save the rest for the weekend for some kind of concoction, but for tonight, its a good dessert... hopefully one glass and bed time for me :)

Back