• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Another vote for Bents "Pain" the most wonderful smelling sauce Ive yet to cross, btw it tastes delicious! It was a pleasure to watch the expressions of the faces from my family over the Christmas break who were game to venture in & try Bents unique smelly:) sauce ! Yet more chilli converts!:hell:

tis true bents pain is very good and hotter than he makes out... a classic creeper, your distracted by all the smell and flavour and then
KA-Zang.

Really happy that you all like it. The next batch is all bottled up. The recipe has proved to be consistent. Hopefully the printers will have some time on their hands over the next week or two so I can put labels on.
Thanks for the feedback :cool:

bentalphanerd said:
Really happy that you all like it. The next batch is all bottled up. The recipe has proved to be consistent. Hopefully the printers will have some time on their hands over the next week or two so I can put labels on.
Thanks for the feedback :cool:
Now that you had your 15 minutes of fame, go make a new sauce!
Something a bit more JalapeƱo-ish and garlic-like, but Bent style. :cool:
Maybe Vodka based? :lol:

Way ahead of you - next recipe has been on the drawing board for a while and will include Nagas or Bhuts {whatever I can get a regular supply of, maybe my army of 7's will be ready soon}. Flavor and smell again are very important and will be influenced again by European & Asian ingredients.
Be sure, it will be another bent sauce :P

Just had black eyed peas (New Years, you know!) with a generous amount of Blair's After Death. whew. I don't know how that rates heat-wise compared to a lot of the sauces I'm reading about, but man that was good. :)

For lunch I had a burrito from Freebirds thoroughly drenched with Grace Scotch Bonnet Sauce.

Love scotch bonnet sauce...

I made scrambled eggs today for my son and myself. I put too much Black Mamba in mine, but whooo, ate em anyway! My son splashed some Short Bus on his. I had a taste of those and they were really good. Short Bus has become an all around good sauce around here. Got plans to make a pot of chili this weekend using some of my Jolokia pods I got from CaJohn's.

well ok this is not a meal. I was making some turkey bacon this morning & while waiting I was looking at the can of cashews & the bottle of honey & knowing I had some chipotle :think: I made a small batch 1st to try out & ate it all right away. it wasnt hot enough so the 2nd batch was bigger.
I used
- cashews
- honey
- chipotle powder
- knoxx chipotle cubes (they're like those chicken bouillon cubes, used these more for the salt but with the added flavor they have)
- sugar

mix the honey & spice in pan heat up a little to start the evaporation process, add the cashews & keep stirring on medium heat until most of the liquid is gone or add more cashews. then I added the sugar at the end & mixed it in.

turned out pretty decent, other than putting the nuts in a bowl to cool off :doh: I should of layed them out on some wax paper, I guess hindsight is always 20/20 :lol: I need to nuke them so I can lay them out flat for easier eating instead of needing a knife to break off some chunks. also they're not sticky once cooled off.
I wish I had some habanero powder to use instead of chipotle powder.

DSCF1061.jpg

I made a really interesting meal tonight. Kind of an African Chicken Curry over rice. I sauteed some onion, garlic and poblano's in olive oil then added the chicken and this marinate/sauce called Nelly's African Hot Sauce/Paste. I cooked the chicken through and added some salt, pepper, and cilantro. Then poured it over rice. Not hot enough for me but I had to keep it tame enough for the wife to eat. She said it was hot. Has anyone else ever heard of or tried this sauce?

Now you all have made me hungry thank you very much. I had hominey soup with my home made hot sauce. We had a large crock pot full and after all said it was GONEEEEEEEEE to include a few beads of sweat. But it was so good I thinking about more. But the wings are sounding goooood tooooo, oh what the heck everything sounded good thanks for the next month of recipes .:lol: joe

on top is a chile sauce/mash I made last year - just hot chiles, white wine vinegar, lime juice & very little salt. turned out good.

DSCF1063.jpg

you all are spoil sports, pictures are better ;)

still stuck on that habanero creamy caesar dressing Bentalphanerd wrote about. Oh and last night had some sliced up picked habs and bikerbilly jalapenos with crackers does that count?

RB - you like the looks of the meal ? well I can tell you it tasted great. it was one of those create as you go recipes :lol:
as for the chef thing, nope not a chef but I can cook some great meals or whatever.

oh yea I was wrong I used red wine vinegar for that sauce/mash instead of white wine vinegar.

It's nice to see a meal presented like a top chef would though Chilehunter without it swimming in grease, sometimes they're just to generous with splashing Olive oil over everything.

I made spicy pork and hot pepper goulash the other day, and i must say it was bloody sensational. I cooked it in the slow cooker for about 6 hours and when i got home the house smelled ssssooooooooo good.

The recipe said to used 2 mild red chillis, so i put in 2 orange habs and it was tops. A good heat without overtaking the flovor.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

It's going to become a regular meal in this house.....

Dont think this counts but I had a pepperoni sandwich with mayo on one side and buffalo chapoltie sauce with some canned chapoltie peppers on it for breakfast this morning lol I love the taste of chapoltie lol
well breakfast...9:30 break...I dont eat when I get up at 5 in the morning

Back