• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What would cause leaves to look like this???

The two plants in the photos are a Moruga Scorpion and Chocolate Habanero.  They are the largest of 10 plants I have under a 300W HPS light setup.  You can see in the pictures that the leaves are doing some strange (to me) folding or curling inward.  They only started to do this as they got near their current size.  None of the other plants are doing this.  

The light setup is currently 2.5ft above the top of the pots.  Is this too close?  They aren't getting too high of temp., I monitor this.

They get watered around 1 or 2 times a week as needed.  They get a small amount of Fox Farm Big Bloom with a watering every other week.  They also get a very small amount of Fox Farm Grow Big once a month.  

They get plenty of air circulation, I have a fan run on a timer during the day.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PepperLover said:
try to give them less light 

the plants look healthy but you could be giving them more lights that they actually need
3 days ago I moved them to the outer area of my grow space. Previously the we're directly under the light. I'll keep an eye on them to see if this helps.

And thanks to both of you for the input!

Its nothing to worry about, your plant is fine. Like Judy said, watch the light and water and fed when needed.

Back