• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

What's a good medium to small size blender for sauces?

Looking for a small blender as I don't make a lot of sauce at a time usually one Tabasco style bottle at a time. 

PexPeppers said:
i have a ninja ultima. normal ninjas are good, but the ultima is something else. its like a Ninja europro + vitamix. the bottom blade spins at 22K rpm whereas the top one spins at about 4K-5K RPM. plus you cant beat 1830 watts.
I have the 1200 watt kitchen system and love it.

The Ninja is a great blender , but you have to clean it , and for a small batch I go with my Braun turbo 400 watt hand blender .. do it right in the pot , rinse the head and you are out of there.
This is a semi serious home model hand blender that will tackle most jobs , [ tho my wife burned one out making marzipan ].. for sauces and soups .. no problem.

tim storey said:
The Ninja is a great blender , but you have to clean it , and for a small batch I go with my Braun turbo 400 watt hand blender .. do it right in the pot , rinse the head and you are out of there.
This is a semi serious home model hand blender that will tackle most jobs , [ tho my wife burned one out making marzipan ].. for sauces and soups .. no problem.

Ya I was thinking on maybe getting a stick blender. I really only want to make small batches and in a big jar it doesnt work so great with the small amount of material in the jar. Thanks
SmokenFire said:
I use this stick blender with great results.  At $35 and capable of use across many applications its a great value.
I was reading reviews on this blender and many say the plastic gear inside wears out quickly and end up bricking the blender? Have you had any problems with this?

DrUnK said:
Ya I was thinking on maybe getting a stick blender. I really only want to make small batches and in a big jar it doesnt work so great with the small amount of material in the jar. Thanks

I was reading reviews on this blender and many say the plastic gear inside wears out quickly and end up bricking the blender? Have you had any problems with this?

Zero problems with mine - don't know how others have/are using it.  I've done all manner of sauces and had it for 2+ years with no problems.  I am fanatical about washing/drying/putting it away after each use though.

Back