• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Whats happening to my sons bells

Still new to growing and not sure if I am in the right forum. My sons bell peppers planted in 5 gallon pots are having problems. The plant looks healthy and the pods look like this.
1345852123.jpg

Thanks for the help. He fertilizes with fish emulsion and sprayed them with epson salt at bloom time.

I second blossom end rot. Most likely too much or too little watering, though it's the effect on calcium uptake to blame so terrible soil might need calcium added too.

A quick solution I read or watched some where is grind or crush a hand full of Tums yea the antacid. Mix in a gallon of water and water thoroughly with the mix. I haven't tried this. Just going on heresay. But some swear by it for a quick fix.

I've used plain ole Calcium vitamin supplement pills bashed with a hammer and mixed in a watering can with good results, though I don't do that anymore having switched to adding egg shells to my soil instead because they're free and the pills aren't, but to add calcium later that's a much better option than expecting an egg shell to get any calcium down into the soil if it's sprinkled on the surface.

if you are interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Calcium-Nitrate-Calcinit-Fertilizer-water-soluble-4-lbs-/350445995815?pt=Fertilizer_Soil_Amendments&hash=item5198358727

table spoon per gallon or so.

Back