• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Whats in your Garden

Nah we are trying to offload some, but we mostly give away or try to break even with this. It's really just a lot of beer drinking and fun- from seeds to plants to a special rub to sumthin on the smoker...Amen

My wife limits my garden as well, but at least
i get about 30 in the ground(raised beds).

1 orange hab
3 jalapeno
2 "super shepherd"
9 red Bells
3 purple pequin heirloom
3 alma Paprika heirloom
1 "Jim's Sweet" heirloom
1 Punjab Lal
1 Vietnamese mini
1 unknown (gift, large pointed pods 5 inches long 2 inches wide)
1 numex twilight
1 "big jim"
2 Poblano
1 serrano

Habs are just starting to ripen! The raised beds make weeding a breeze. I highly recommend going to the trouble, you get the benefit of being "in the ground" but weeds have trouble getting in, and the ones that do are easier to reach. No kneeling.:onfire:

Mad Hill Pepper, if there is something on my list that you are interested in I would love to trade although i may not have some that are listed anymore. How many peppers did you actually put in the ground and just how damn big is your garden. pics please.

Dale

DevilDuck said:
I wish I had room for more...about 12 plants is the max.

You aren't kidding. I loooove a garden. I used to grow lots of peppers, cucumbers, zucchinis, tomato's, beans, green beans, ect. (Like canning and blanching food.) However I live in an apartment now. I'm just limited to a few pepper plants since they do so well in pots. (That and they are my favorite anyway:lol:) I've just got cayennes, habs, and banana peppers(Which I haven't been to pleased with this year......I'm just going to stick with the hotter stuff now. I hate eating a pepper that isn't hot anymore. I noticed that with the first one I ate this year. I think my buds have changed....Uh..OH!!:lol:;))

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I know im new here but didnt see a thread like this.... ill start I have 53 hab plants and 3 japs all doing well for ontario weather

53! That is huge. Do you really just know what you like? Or is that all that was available? I am all over the place. I need to take better notes and just grow what I like! But every year I see at least 8 or 9 new varieties that I want to try. Either way I think you have it good. Do you plan to dry or preserve some habs?

Holy cow! Them's some crazy lists folk! I'm trembling LOL

18 orange habanero - 8 are in containers.
8 jalapeno
8 hot banana
9 plants presently unknown, from Burpee All Alarm Hot Mix

sweet corn, ate and gone now.
200 blue lake bush beans in their stead.
royal burgundy bush beans, ate and gone.
10 tomato plants. brandywine pink, better boy, super beefsteak, large red cherry, grape.
21 kennebec potato plants.
30 cilantro plants.
1 row of granex hybrid onions
2 rows of lettuce, Burpee gourmet blend.
2 rows of nantes coreless carrots.
2 rows of bloomsdale spinach.
2 rows of buttercrunch lettuce.
1 row each of cabbage and iceberg lettuce
12 sweet peppers. 2 ea. of big red, chardonnay, purple beauty, orange sun, diamond, and chocolate beauty.
A mess of peas. ate but planting a fall crop.
Some zucchini and a mix of melons.
Sunflowers and a trunk load of various flowers.
Okra, ate and gone.

Some of these are second plantings to be harvested in October/November.
Wish I had more garden space and a honk'n huge green house to grow through the winter. There's only about 750 sq. ft. of garden space right now.

We rent 4 acres in north branford, Tom lives on greenhill and I on 79. We start everything in b'ment and to our greenhouse then to field . Email me and set up to come by ,I warn you weeds and a full time job don't mix.

Mad Hill Pepper said:
We rent 4 acres in north branford, Tom lives on greenhill and I on 79. We start everything in b'ment and to our greenhouse then to field . Email me and set up to come by
Sounds cool -- Thats the way I go to the beach and about 20min or so away. I'll work that out with you soon

Mad Hill Pepper said:
I warn you weeds and a full time job don't mix.

I learned that out of HIgh School :lol:

Back