• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

whats the best hot sauce recipe???

i have been looking for really good hot sacue recipes and there are so many and i have been trying a lot of them since i have so many ghost peppers and i have been disappionted with some. 

so i want to know from somone who has tried and made a sauce and thought it was really good i dont want to continue trying random ones on a list

I am attempting to develop a good "general purpose" hot sauce and have had some success so far, but I'm still not completely satisfied.  If you want to try an imperfect, but pretty good recipe, I'll post it.  keep in mind though, this is a very varied deal, there are dozens of different sauces that would suit different needs and tastes, so what I like may not be what you are looking for...

Harold

Whitewookie said:
I am attempting to develop a good "general purpose" hot sauce and have had some success so far, but I'm still not completely satisfied.  If you want to try an imperfect, but pretty good recipe, I'll post it.  keep in mind though, this is a very varied deal, there are dozens of different sauces that would suit different needs and tastes, so what I like may not be what you are looking for...

Harold
sure i would love to try. whats the recipe? 

[SIZE=14pt]Here ya go. sorry it took so long.  Developed a case of  HUA.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Harold[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]1 lb rough-chopped fresh jalapenos (Red if available) (If you have fresh cayenne, substitute ½ of the jalapenos) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4 tablespoons of ground cayenne [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4 Scorpion or 6-7 Ghost peppers or 10 Habs. (May be dehydrated if fresh is not available.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2 tbsp dehydrated ground hot peppers (if available)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]10 garlic cloves chopped (or two teaspoons of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2 Roma tomatoes (Or 1 large tomato)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]1 medium onion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2 teaspoons liquid smoke
6 tablespoons kosher salt (nonIodized)
4 cups of vinegar mixture (2 parts vinegar/1 part apple juice) for desired consistency (
[/SIZE]You may need to add some as it reduces)
3 tablespoons white sugar

[SIZE=14pt]Add 2-3 cups of vinegar mixture at this time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Dump everything into a large pot.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]High heat until mixture is boiling hard. Allow to boil for 10 mins stirring constantly. Add vinegar mixture as needed to maintain the desired consistency.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Simmer on low for 30 min stirring often.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Throw it all into a food processor and buzz it real good!  (you may need to add a little vinegar mixture for desired consistency and taste).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Bring it back to a low boil (Again, you may need to add a little vinegar mixture for desired consistency and taste).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Hot can in sterile, hot, canning jars, boiling water process for 15-20 min, and store as you would any canned food.[/SIZE]

I have made Whitewookie's general purpose sauce with a combination of green Jalapeno and Anaheim peppers from my garden and found it very, very good.  You can play with the vinegar and Habanero content to suit your taste, but overall this recipe is outstanding.

I have made Whitewookie's general purpose sauce with a combination of green Jalapeno and Anaheim peppers from my garden and found it very, very good.  You can play with the vinegar and Habanero content to suit your taste, but overall this recipe is outstanding.
Why, thank you Sir.

VR,
Harold

RedNeck Chili head said:
I made a sauce using Yellow Fattali and pinapple white onion and apple cider viniger. Cant tell the rest it a secret.......But its a seller

Boooooooo.

Why post if you're not going to give it up?

That's like saying "I'm sleeping with a hot hollywood star. Sorry. Can't say who."

texas blues said:

Boooooooo.

Why post if you're not going to give it up?

That's like saying "I'm sleeping with a hot hollywood star. Sorry. Can't say who."
LOL yes boo this man!
My goto sauce is simple. Cayennes, water, salt, bit of garlic, ferment 2 weeks, blend, eat.

(Add favorite superhot)

Side Note-
pssst- Harold, what is---
"VR,"
Harold

thanks, SL

Back