• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What's your take?

Sunburn? Soon as they aren't in the direct sun, round 2:00pm, they seem to perk back up and not droop. I'm thinking they can't take the full sun. But, it's only for 3 hours, and it's the only "direct" sun they get. The rest of the day they are in the shade. They seem to droop a bit and now they have small yellow spots on some of the leaves. I hope this is the kind of stress that produces some heat in the pods.

You can see the one close to the back there with its leaves drooping a bit. Right now, about 4:00pm, it's back to it's perky self.

3568419490_1c56f2a9e7.jpg

Here's the big plant, one of the two loners that I just transplanted. You can see the droop and the small yellow spots.

3568421576_b33e31b20f.jpg

Mine do that too. I think it's fine. I let mine get pretty limp and wilted before I water. It stresses them out and makes the peppers hotter.

Thanks, that helps me to not over react. These plants seem to be very responsive to their environment. A quick pass of water over them and the leaves curl up like if they have the shivers

Back