• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

what's you're plan for 2008?

Omri said:
Too many peppers...
How are you gonna grow all of them? it's not possible!
:lol:
Only two kinds is ok, but two really hot ones? what about Jalapeño or something? ;)

Heh, the main reason I chose the habs and nagas is because I want the Nagas for heat and flavor (and later on a sauce), and the habs for more habanero powder - I'm ADDICTED to that stuff now, it's sooo good...

~Trexxen

Casper
Diamond
Ping Tung
Long Purple
Louisiana Long Green
Thai Long Green
Round Mauve
Black Champion
Thai Round Purple
Applegreen
Japanese White Egg
Listada de Gandia
Turkish Orange
Goyo Kumba
Thai White Ribbed

Oh, wait, these are the eggplants. The hot peppers:
Thai Scorpion
Passilo
NuMex
Sante Fe
Hungarian Wax
White Hab
Black Hungarian
Tobasco
Habenero
Thai Dragon
Naga Jolokia
Seven Pot
Chocolate Habs
Holy Mole
Yellow Mushroom
Bolivian Rainbow
Bulgarian Carrot
Filus Blue
Golden Greek Pepperonchi
Mesilla
Poinsettia
Red Chili
Royal Black
Pretty Purple
Largo Purple
Chilly Chili
Serrano
Trifetti
Cayenne
Chinese 5 Color
Tobasco
Anaheim
Ancho San Luis
Fish
Thai Denchai
Orchid
Roberto's Cuban
Fatali
Scotch Bonnet
Piquin
Tepin
Aji
Plus am looking for some other seeds.

Also in the garden - Big Boy and Beefsteak Tomatoes, Green Beans, Carrots, Beets, Onions, Broccoli, Squash, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Peas, Potatoes, Sunflower and Burley Tobacco.

At this rate, I might be able to sell the mower and get a pair of clippers to take care of what little grass will be left.

There so many kinds of "True Kashmiri", and all are similar but not the same pepper.
Perhaps I'll grow them all, and call them 'Kashmiri A', 'Kashmiri B' and so on. :lol:

My current growing list
For selling
aji cristal
red rocoto
yellow rocoto
yellow hab
red hab
chocloate hab
peach hab
giant yellow hab
trinidad scorpian
fatalii
datil
pimenta cambuci
piquillo
dulce medtraiino
peruvian white hab
tabsco
yellow mushroom
georgia flame
big jim
trinidad perfume
numex suave orange
jamcian scotch bonnet
inca red drop
aji benito
aji verde
aji hab
aji amirrillo
bird pepper
naga morrich
peter pepper red
Chilhaucle Amarillo
Chilhuacle Negro
royal gold
aji flor
chimyo
yellow russel

For me
CO5061
CO 1220
Aji Blanco Cristal
CO948
pi 445192
cap 832
aji angelo
plus a few others I need to decide on.

I have a huge list. I have some datil seeds, I'm working on some naga seeds (pepp3rfreak willing) and I'd like to get a caribbean varietal. That should make an already-crowded dorm room downright cozy.

Oh well....med school doesn't last forever.

Trexxen said:
Here's my huge, extensive, amazing grow list:

Naga Morich
Orange Habanero

>.> Yeah, not a lot, but I don't have much space - plus, gotta start somewhere, aye?

~Trexxen

I dont know where you live or the method you're gonna use to grow them, but for the Naga if you dont live somewhere its warm with a long growing season or you plan on growing them inside. but you might be disappointed with them if you dont have either. just because they're very slow growers.

my grow list for 08' is still up in the air, I'll order some but most will come from a farmers market (I have a black thumb somewhat). I know some of you would say thats expensive but I think it's about even price, when you take into account the cost of electric/soil/seeds/grow lights/fan/your time & what ever else ? maybe I'm wrong I dont know ? but for the basic chiles sold at the market you can get them cheap.

I'm planning to grow about 30 varieties next year (it won't stick at 30 I'm sure). Mainly different Habs and if I have room Scotch Bonnets too. I tend to grow just one plant of each variety because of space. I'm getting a greenhouse around February so that will leave me more space to grow inside.

Ok guys here is my list of pepper plants that I plan on growing for the 2008 season.

Jalapeno/Hot
Poblano
Cuban Nel/Mild
Hungarian Yellow
Naga Morrich
Mayan Love Pepper
Manzano Amarillo
Habanero/Pevurian White
Peter Pepper Hot Pepper Red
Paprika Sumpreme Sweet Peppers
Habanero Red Pepper
Naga Jolotia

Tomatos that I will be growing also:

Hungarian Heart
Roman Candle
Brandywine
Russian Black
Gurney's Burgermaster
Black Plum
Little Mama
Jubilee
Growing tomatos to try to make sauces and salsa. IF you any other good or great tasteing tomatos for sauces and salsas let me know please.

And I'm going to grow these for the wife since she ask me to:

Beans
Amish Snap Peas

I have a few other that will be coming in the mail. When I get those I will post them also. Can't to start having some fun this new year.:mouthonfire:

AlabamaJack said:
2008 grow list

Aji Amarillo
Aji Limo
Anaheim
Ancho 101
Bhut Jolokia
Big Chili
Big Jim
Bird
Cayenne, Carolina
Cayenne, Mesilla
Chili Ancho Poblano
Devil Tongue
Dorset Naga
Early Jalapeno
Fatalii
Habanero, Caribbean
Habanero, Orange
Habanero, Red Savina
Habanero, Red Savina
Habanero, Yellow
Haitian Hot
Habanero, Chocolate
Hot Banana
Hot Caribbean
Hot Super Chili
Hot Tepin
Indian PC-1
Inferno Hot Banana
Jamaican Hot
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jamaican Hot Red
Jamaican Hot Yellow
Large Red Cherry Hot
Large Red Thick Cayenne
Largo Purple
Lemon Drop
Little Elf
Long Red Slim Cayenne
Marbles
Naga Morich
NuMex Bailey Piquin
NuMex Pinata
NuMex Sandia
NuMex Twilight
Paprika
Pasillo Bajio
Peter Pepper
Poblano
Pretty Purple
Ring of Fire
Scotch Bonnet
Serrano
Super Cayenne II Hybrid
Super Chili
Sweet Pimento
Tabasco
Tepin
Thai Orange
Thai Sun Pepper
Thia Red
Yatsafusa

Nice list there AJ.:)

PcolaHot said:
Nice list there AJ.:)

Thanks Pcola....2009 list will be shorter I am sure. 2008 is a scatter-gun approach to see which varieties grow best in Fort Worth.

We have yet to decide what we are growing. We have lots of pepper seeds. We also grow tons of tomatos. We do have 6500 sq.ft. & we seem to keep adding to it. When we have things decided will post it.

I here you AJ but it becomes so hard to narrow down the list. Its like I have to vote out certain varieties at tribal council.:)

I'm kind of limited for space, but...

3- orange habs
3- jalapeños
2- serrano
2- Tabasco
2- Limon habs
1- orange riccoto
3- Naga morich

I'm really going to have to do some work to the yard to get all of those in there. My back yard is really small and I'll have to dig up some grass to get all of those in. The pics of where I'll be planting will be pretty funny.

I have two Tepins from this year and will grow

2 Rocoto Giant
6 Jalapenos
2 Trinidad Scorpion
2 Bhut Jolokia

And I got seeds from a guy in www.capsaholics.de who said he had crossed Jolokia and bellpeppers.

hello all
man after reading all these lists of seed i feel like such a poor noob at this chili seed thing.
i got two bhut jolokia plants and some Bhut Jolokia seed just put in a planter . thats it for me so far.
as soon as i harvest the few pods on the BJ then that will give me a new generation for selection. I think ill keep only the seed from the most uniform /largest pods and see if that helps to stabilize the pod shape
over time. along the way I would like to try my hand at an F1 or three .
one that interests me for no apparent reason is c.chacoense X Bhut jolokia
another is the Fatali x Bhut Jolokia...the third is a Native Pueblo variety Isleta x Bhut jolokia {this one will need to go back to selected mother or pod sister several generations to tone down the immense heat that will most assuredly emerge from this hybrid}.
If I have a successful F1 emerge I will be asking for test growers,but thats at least for next season so lets all have fun
this season.

pablo

Planted

Naga Jolokia
Fatali
Fish
Peach Habanaro
Seeds from Yellow Manzano from store sprouted
Random seeds from friends peppers
Carribean
Mystery Mix (USHotstuff)
Cherry

Planting specifically for Salsa I maybe should have included Chocolate Habanaro.
I started a cutting trading thread in the growing peppers forum.

It's still early to say for sure, as seeds need to sprout and grow large enough to transplant. If all goes well:

Peppers (one of each except for a few types):
Thai Scorpion
Passilo
NuMex
Sante Fe
Hungarian Wax
White Hab
Black Hungarian
Tobasco
Habenero
Thai Dragon
Naga Jolokia
Seven Pot
Chocolate Habs
Holy Mole
Yellow Mushroom
Bolivian Rainbow
Bulgarian Carrot
Filus Blue
Golden Greek Pepperonchi
Mesilla
Poinsettia
Red Chili
Royal Black
Pretty Purple
Largo Purple
Chilly Chili
Fatali
Scotch Bonnet
Piquin
Tepin
Aji Amarillo
Serrano Tampequino
Chinese Five Color
Anaheim
Variegata (Trifetti)
Cayenne Long Thin
Roberto's Cuban Seasoning
Black Pearl
Marble
Jalapeno
Cumari Ou Passarinho
Lemon Drop
Guyana Birdseye
Ají Picante
Congo Trinidad
Datil
Limon
Mystery
Trinidad Large Yellow Congo
Bhut Jolokia
Ancho San Luis
Thai Denchai
Orchid
Fish
Inchanga
Red Savina
Birds Eye
Guntur Hope
Hotazel
Inferno
Malaga Bird

Eggplants:
Ping Tung
Long Purple
Louisiana Long Green
Black Champion

Tomatoes:
Roma
Beefsteak
Delicious
Jersey Giant

Cucumbers:
Telegraph Improved
Sikkum
Yamato
Plain

Others:
Yellow Squash
Beets
Potatoes
Carrots
Onions
Green Beans - Two types
Peas
Corn
Celery
Asparagus
Broccoli
Bell Peppers
Tobacco

I canned 120 quarts of tomato juice this summer, along with about 24 quarts of whole tomatoes, so I can cut back a bit on them next year. Plus, had I staked them and then we didn't have the blistering, record-setting summer heat and drought, I would have had twice as much.

This biggest problem is the lack of room. I have only about 1400 sq. ft. of room, unless I use the side or front yard (and hire a good divorce lawyer!) Geez, you would think the missus and kids would like the idea they have much less yard to mow!

One other plant I would love to grow, but am having an impossible time finding seeds or seedlings is a Money Tree. It doesn't have to bear $100 fruits - I'll settle for $20s, $10s or even $5s if it is prolific. Hopefully, it will not be an annual, but you can bet I would try to overwinter it!

Mike

You wrote a lot of generic names, without being specific.
For example you wrote "Birds Eye" (Birdseye), well some many peppers carry that name, not just one. "Habanero"? what kind?

Omri,

The Hab not identified specifically is the common Orange variety. The Birds Eye is Zimbabwe Birds Eye (hey, that's what the web site said - don't nag me if the spelling is not correct!).

I'll post something in the Welcome Board about growing peppers, just in case you are interested. Nothing derogatory, just why I am doing this (saves the Big Pepper from having to move a post!).

Mike

Back