• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

WHEN HAILSTORMS STRIKE.

NOT HAPPY...... :tear:

ALL THIRTY PLANTS .... GONE. EVEN MY VEGES COPPED IT. STUPID :censored: NATURE SHOWING ME WHO'S BOSS.....

25092011026.jpg

25092011027.jpg

25092011028.jpg

25092011030.jpg

Well slap me silly and call me Susan thats not how you make porridge.
Thats sux to say the least, you have beer now right mate?

Oh, the horror! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mate, I, uh... don't even know what to say! You have my condolences. :(

If you are in need of any seeds, give me a yell. Don't really have too many left but I'm sure I can sort something out.

problem is that i had to get these guys into the ground and pretty much independant before our beautiful little girl arrived in the world 5 weeks ago.... now that she is here its a full time job and i just dont have the time to spend raising another 30 little babies from scratch.. (1 is more than enough!)... so i guess its just time to let go this season and work on better ways to protect them next season.... believe it or not though i think a few of them may survive.. (all be it extremely disfigured!!)

Sorry to see and hear what happened. But don't give up, most of those peppers will recover, you will just have a delay in harvest. Don't know what veggies you had planted, but things like tomatoes will recover. Even green beans, peas, just takes time. So have another cold one and hang in there. Congrats on the little girl. She will steal your heart.

Sorry to see and hear what happened. But don't give up, most of those peppers will recover, you will just have a delay in harvest. Don't know what veggies you had planted, but things like tomatoes will recover. Even green beans, peas, just takes time. So have another cold one and hang in there. Congrats on the little girl. She will steal your heart.
thanks farmerdoc! the little bundle of joy has most definetly stolen our hearts!! and even though the plants were stripped down to nothing i am seeing small tufts of leaf growth sprouting today..... hopefully they will live to see another harvest...

Wow. It's been a long time since I've seen hail like that. I'll pour out a little Foster's on the ground in respect and remembrance of the fallen because Foster's is "Australian for beer".

Now that was a hailstorm. My condolences demon.

I went through something similar, though no where near that bad, twice in a week real early in the season. The plants were about half a meter tall and filled out with nice green leaves. At the end of the second storm the only thing left on most of them were stems and a few leaves that looked like a shotgun had a go at them. Every one of them came back and have produced peppers for me. The first round the pods were few but the second round the plants are full! I've been real lucky with the weather, it's still reaching 80F/27C and it appears the pods will have the chance to ripen. All said and done the hail set me back about a month. Give yours all the TLC you have time for and I'm sure they'll reward you for it.

Back