• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

when should i stop clipping my flowers?

Hey guys, I have 6 scotch bonnet plants that have all been topped. I've been picking the flowers off so that they can concentrate on growing. At what size do you guys recommend I stop taking the flowers off and let them bloom? I put a hanger up next to one for size reference. 

awesome! ill be moving them up tomorrow in that case. Should I clip the flowers one last time before the switch? as you can see in the photo they each have about 20 flowers at the moment 

Agree, that's awfully small for a heavily flowering plant.

When a plant gets root-bound, it will tend to 'think' that "This is as good as it's going to get.  I'd better start making babies!" 

Put that fellow in a Wally Bag with ~25 liters / 0.9 cubic feet of decent potting soil and watch it go!

IMO, a few early pods won't slow the plant all that much. And with Florida's endless growing season, you're not racing to meet a frosty deadline.
(Or are you growing indoors?)

Geonerd said:
Agree, that's awfully small for a heavily flowering plant.

When a plant gets root-bound, it will tend to 'think' that "This is as good as it's going to get.  I'd better start making babies!" 

Put that fellow in a Wally Bag with ~25 liters / 0.9 cubic feet of decent potting soil and watch it go!

IMO, a few early pods won't slow the plant all that much. And with Florida's endless growing season, you're not racing to meet a frosty deadline.
(Or are you growing indoors?)
I'm growing them indoors for now but if I'm going to be putting them into 5 gallons buckets a majority of them will have to be moved outside!

10913586_10203347700001816_166266751_n_zpsb07077ec.jpg

This is Casper, my friendly ghost pepper plant, he reached 7foot in a 5 gallon bucket.

i think I'm going to buy the 5 gallon fabric pots on amazon. They are selling them 10 for $20!!

also that plant is a beast!!

Rymerpt said:
10913586_10203347700001816_166266751_n_zpsb07077ec.jpg

This is Casper, my friendly ghost pepper plant, he reached 7foot in a 5 gallon bucket.
Did you top that plant or did you let it grow naturally?

ram222 said:
Wow! great timing I had just placed my order on amazon and was able to cancel. Thanks so much!
Glad it worked out for you. I was very happy with the quality and the results.

Back