• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer When to add fertilizer?

My seedlings won't be ready for the ground for a few weeks but today I tilled the soil and am putting up the fencing.

Do I add the fertilizer now or wait till right before I put the seedlings in? I read something about nitrogen running out or something to that effect.

I don't think it will use up nitrogen unless you till something into you soil that uses nitrogen to break down. IE wood chips, leaves, grass clippings.

I added seaweed extract to my beds to help get the microbial life going before I planted out. No idea if it did anything. If you want to added nitrogen you could also add fish ferts or dilute your urine and water with that.

im going to assume you are using a time release granual??    if thats the case i would wait till i planted.   actually no mater what i was using i would do it when i planted! what are you using?

just read this again!!!!     like stupid jerk said you could use your urine?  but i would feel really wierd serving a dish with some peppers that i pissed on :rofl:  :rofl:

StupidJerk said:
I don't think it will use up nitrogen unless you till something into you soil that uses nitrogen to break down. IE wood chips, leaves, grass clippings.

I added seaweed extract to my beds to help get the microbial life going before I planted out. No idea if it did anything. If you want to added nitrogen you could also add fish ferts or dilute your urine and water with that.

Huh? I tilled the leaves ontop in I haven't been pissing in there. I'm pretty drunk now shood I go out there and water the place?

sicman said:
im going to assume you are using a time release granual??    if thats the case i would wait till i planted.   actually no mater what i was using i would do it when i planted! what are you using?

just read this again!!!!     like stupid jerk said you could use your urine?  but i would feel really wierd serving a dish with some peppers that i pissed on :rofl:  :rofl:

I asked the home Cheapo guy what to use and he turned me onto a geberic all plant fert. I'll post what it is tomorrow. 

meinchoh said:

Yes I am. Oh did you mean something else? ;)

Back